i want to get a mount for the wall that i can hang my guitar on but i dont think their worth 20$$ are there any alternitives to making a walla hanger
Urmmm, would you trust your guitar to be hung on a wall with something you made?

Make sure you got the right walls.

If it's just plasterboard you'll pull out a chuck of wall when your guitar is hung.
My dad made makeshift wall hangers with a block of wood and 2-prong coat/shirt hangers. They all work maginificently and all my guitars have stayed up.
u can get big tool hangers for like 3 bucks, and put that on a piece of wood, then onto the wall
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
use j-hooks. they're not too expensive, and they are rubber coated on the outside. yeah, they shouldn't scratch your guitar a bit.what i would do is get a large j-hook for the body, then a smaller one for the neck. mount them on like a 2x4 or something.
Make sure that when you mount it you put it on the stud (the wood 2x4 behind the wall that the drywall mounts to) otherwise it might just rip on out of the wall, leaving you with an annoying hole and probably a nicely dented guitar.

Most of these suggestions would work, but it's not that expensive to get a wall hanger.
Just buy the ****in' hanger, 20 bucks never killed anybody.

What is with people cheaping out on their instruments all of a sudden?

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by AlGeeEater
Just buy the ****in' hanger, 20 bucks never killed anybody.

What is with people cheaping out on their instruments all of a sudden?

Chris
All of a sudden?

The average UG user is a broke teenager who gets by on allowance or a weekend/summer job.

And it's been going on for a while.

EDIT: I agree with you though, for the price of admission the pre-made hanger is the better buy. 10 bucks and 2 hours of labor, or 20 bucks? To me it's a no-brainer.
It's been getting real bad lately though.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Dude, just do what I do. Super glue your guitar onto the wall. If that doesn't work use the trusty hammer and nail technique.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead