I'm going to get a Peavey 5150 combo for my heavier needs and then I need a good amp for cleans and more mellower stuff, so I thought Marshall amps right away

so which Marshall amp has the best cleans? And typical Marshall crunchy overdrive wouldn't be bad either. Preferably half-stack.

Thanks in advance
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

if u want really great cleans go with a vox. i havent had great experiences with marshalls and cleans, but then again i guess hendrix and frusciante use marshalls and they have some legendary clean tones.

so....nevermind
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
The JTM45 has great cleans

I guess
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

The TSL has decent cleans.
But.. that's the only thing it really has going for it.
Jubilee. That's a two channel amp.
Might as well check out the DSL too.

If you're getting a 5150 for the heavier stuff, why do you need a Marshall for cleans?
Why not a Fender?
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
well I doubt I can play stuff like AC/DC, Thin Lizzy or Aerosmith with the Peavey as it's high gain amp, so I need something to handle that also and Marshall was a logical choice

If you can convince me with some Fender amp distortions, then sure I'll go with a Fender, but at the moment Marshall is on the top. Well, of course the 'boutique' amps would be better but I don't have so much money. And I'm probably gonna get the Marshall modded anyways

The only fender I know, but I might be wrong is the Hot rod for distorsion but don't count on it.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Well a JTM45 woudl be agood idea then. They have nice lceans and nice Marshall crunch!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
you needed good cleans and thought of Marshall? In my opinion you think Marshall when you want distortion and think Fender when you want cleans. Namely the Twin Reverb. Look into that, best amp for cleans on the market if you ask me.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
^^ what he said

Fender= Cleans
Marshall= Dirty.

But if your set on getting a Marshall, remember the consensus is more channels, less quality of sound of lead channel (this doesn't hold true all the time)
You can always get a clean-ish out of a Marshall Lead tone buy rolling down the volume knob of guitar.
1981 Marshall JCM800 2203
Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier 2 Channel
Sobbat Drive Breaker 1
Alright then, but the Twin Reverb doesn't have very remarkable distortion if I might say, should I get an OD pedal with it? Like Marshall Guv'nor or something

A Marshall Major or something like a JTM 45 have great cleans for Marshalls, but if you really want good cleans, Fenders are the way to go.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yea, a marshall might not be a bad idea, but you usually don't find people who buy marshall just for the cleans. I would just find a single channel marshall I guess
I think marshalls have sweet cleans, and think they are perfect for rock-cleans... When I hear fender, I think of blues... I actually like the cleans on my marshall more than many fenders i've played, but thats just me... I'd say Marshall for clean and crunch

Don't know what marshalls have the best clean though...
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
You say you don't have enough money for boutique amps, but you do for a high end marshall and a peavy tube amp??? Honestly get a fender twin and get a Marshall Shredmaster pedal (radiohead's distortion tone) instead of that peavy thing. Or get an ac-30 and a rad overdrive. Or just get a JCM-800, Taking Back Sunday proved that you can get both heavy and light stuff out of that thing. Or get a mashall JTM45 for 1,800. But if you are going to spend that much, why not that little 18 watt mashall has for like 2,400. that thing is freaking rad.
Rig: Gibson Les Paul Studio into Ibenez Tubescreamer to Boss DD-20 to a Gibson GA-20RVT runned of an Orange 2x12. Soon getting a Vox AC-15 into an orange 2x12 for the chimy clean.
you said you're getting a 5150 too. so my suggestion would be the 5150 (if thats what you want) and a Twin Reverb and just get an A/B selector to switch between the two.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Why don't you forget the 5150 and get a fender supersonic? It's got one clean channel which sounds great and one very modern (5150, recto style) channel. It's what the DSL should have been. I'd check one out, you could save money instead of getting two heads and buy a nice OD to goose the clean channel for your AC/DC type stuff.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-SuperSonic-Head-Guitar-Amp?sku=480875
Quote by downtime
You say you don't have enough money for boutique amps, but you do for a high end marshall and a peavy tube amp??? Honestly get a fender twin and get a Marshall Shredmaster pedal (radiohead's distortion tone) instead of that peavy thing. Or get an ac-30 and a rad overdrive. Or just get a JCM-800, Taking Back Sunday proved that you can get both heavy and light stuff out of that thing. Or get a mashall JTM45 for 1,800. But if you are going to spend that much, why not that little 18 watt mashall has for like 2,400. that thing is freaking rad.

Taking Back Sunday!!!!?
Bring On Monday for me please.
Your not giving the 5150 the credit it deserves. It can handle light-distortion pretty good too ya know. IMO the way things are sounding here, you should just get an amp that has the best of both worlds. Or get a good acoustic simulator, or even an acoustic amp would work. If you want good cleans, the Jazz Chorus has my vote.
Well, there's this guy on youtube who made a 'Seek and Destroy' cover with a 5150...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by downtime
You say you don't have enough money for boutique amps, but you do for a high end marshall and a peavy tube amp???

ehmm...
used Peavey 5150 combo from eBay: $700
used Marshall TSL head from eBay: $900

boutique amp
Splawn Quick Rod head: $1850

But I just thought that I could get a hot rodded Marshall TSL @ Voodoo Amps instead of both of them

you heard those clips? Damn they sound perfect!
Perfect distortion and everything

^ mad props to voodoo and Trace (hes a personal frind of mine lol, in fact if any of you live near the Ithaca NY area, The owner for voodoo amps, Trace, Is playing in his band the Melon brothers, at the Haunt, local bar, music club, on the 30th of october!!
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.