Hey people, i need your help. i'm looking for a book documenting the history and growth of blues from circa bessie smith right through to end of british invasion, you know, yardbirds. ive read mystery train and loved it, but i wanna learn about more people without just reading bitty internet articles.

any help is really appeciated, thanks
Quote by MastaBassist10
"Um, yes waiter, I'll have a wank, please."

Quote by HaKattack

I'm a man. We don't cry. We bottle up emotions and become abusive alcoholics.

Proud Member of Slashism. PM slashs_#1_fan to join
I don't really know of any books, but there is a movie/documentary made by scorcese called "Lightning in a Bottle" about the history of the blues. I've never seen it, but i've seen clips and i've heard good things about it.
Quote by Mattefuller
I don't really know of any books, but there is a movie/documentary made by scorcese called "Lightning in a Bottle" about the history of the blues. I've never seen it, but i've seen clips and i've heard good things about it.

Its incredible. Not much for history but a great concert.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Quote by IrishBlues
Its incredible. Not much for history but a great concert.

ohhh, ok, I thought i'd seen some clips with blind boy fuller and some other early blues stuff too, musta been from a different documentary
I have a book called Escaping the Delta, it's somewhat of a biography of Robert Johnson, but much of the book is about the history of blues.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)