Page 1 of 3
At the night between thursday and Friday, some of my friends were heading home from a concert, the driver fell asleep and hit a road sign which made their car turn up side down, everyone suffered from minor injuries, but one friend remained trapped under the huge pressure of the car. he died yesteday evening.

All I'm asking is just try to not fall asleep while driving, and maybe ask someone to drive for you, dont drive when you know something is going to affect your driving skills.
Me and my sister drove yesterday to the city, and watched all of those road-assholes just think the lanes are their own.
I dont wish anyone to feel the same way as I do right now.
I'm just home from the funeral.

any thoughts about the subject?
...And The Nominees Are
Last edited by jagstang270 at Oct 10, 2006,
That's really sad.
I'm so sorry to hear that, may he rest in peace.

hope his family and friends are being strong.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
I know exactly how you feel. I have once been incredibly tired whilst driving, and on one occasion my eyes shut for a second. I was so scared because I knew what a dangerous situtation I was in... but yet you just get that feeling of "Oh, I'll be alright... I'm awake now" and then you just find yourself drifting off again.

Luckily I was ok, I stopped and had a quick rest, some pro-plus... and stuck Limp Bizkit on and sang along to that very loudly, which more than woke me up!

But seriously, it is very important... Please people don't drive whilst tired
I almost fell asleep at the wheel once.

Putting on loud music that you know the words to and putting the window down helps you stay awake.

It's proven that people who sing along to their music are much less likely to fall asleep at the wheel.
Quote by cloginator
Pretty bizarre... I just can't imagine being able to fall asleep at the wheel?

You'd be surprised. Once you've been driving for a year or so it just gets so second nature you don't even have to think about it really. So you can just fall asleep, especially if you are on the motorway or something... you don't have to focus on corners, turnings, gears... you just sit in one lane and drive... its all too easy to get complacent and tired...
thanks guys.
the driver fell asleep because the show started at 6 afternoon and was about to end in 6 in the morning (it was some sort of a festival.
...And The Nominees Are
Sorry to hear that, my friend.

Edit: And he is very right \/.
Last edited by nirvana_rulez at Sep 25, 2006,
Sad to hear it. However, people need to start acting more responsibly. Taking turns at driving through renting a car together to travel in to switch driving duties and drinking coffee helps.
My thoughts are with your friend's family and you.
Terms and Conditions apply.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's always hard dealing with such a loss.
Sorry to hear that. its not nice, and its easy to fall asleep at the wheel especially when you're travelling at a constant speed. and even during sunlight.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Sorry to hear that man. My friend got in a crash once, her and her family had to take a desert route to get somewhere, somehow the wheel caught on a rock or something and the car flipped, they all got out of the car safely though, thank God.

My dad's fallen asleep at the wheel once, at like 3 am in Egypt, it's very scary.
May your friend rest in peace.

Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
thank to all of you.
it's fnny to see this thread next to the "what's your favorate cereal" and "jackass 2" threads.
I went to school today, though went back home after the first period, everyone told me taht the secret s to stay positive. I'm just trying to hang on on some smile, I really tried to find something cheerfull today.
...And The Nominees Are
Sorry to hear that, man.
I feel sorry for you, your friend, his family and for the driver. Imagine having to live with the burden of knowing that if it wasn't for you, your friend would still be alive...

Listen to ss311, it really does help.

R.I.P.
wow that's awful, guess it serves as a lesson, sorry to hear about your friend, imagine what the driver must be going through
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Well, friend deaths can be tough. I remember one of my closest friends died of cancer back when I was little. It's really....rough. On the topic of asleep while driving....I guess humans are getting lazier then I thought.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
Just this morning I was on a 2hour drive for work and I was sooo tired, I just wanted to fall asleep. But I still can't figure out how you could fall asleep and drive.

Usaully the rule for this is, if you are traveling in a group, atleast one person needs to stay awake with the driver to make sure they stay awake. If you get tired, pull over in a parking lot, tip the seat back and go to sleep for awhile. Nothing else is as important as your own life.
I can understand. Three of my friiends almost went thru the same experience. The driver fell asleep and so did the other two. The driver wakes up hearing a thud only to realize she's below a semi. The tires of the semi were besides the rear passenger. He was so scared he closed his eyes and opned them only when the medics started jolting him.

Cant even think of something like this. All of them were Ok.....but all their belongings (laptops, ipods....) were strewn across a mile and in the valley.
Thanks for all of the people who dropped in to just pay their respects.
The driver is another story though.
...And The Nominees Are
Actually just last night I was driving home at like 2 AM and I was pretty tired. The worst was when I was driving home from a music festival, and it was almost a 2 hour drive, and it was 1 AM. My head nodded a few times, my eyes shut, but I made the whole way home. Everybody else was asleep lol. I can force myself to stay awake, but if I ever find myself in the situation where I'm almost certain I'm going to fall asleep I'll pull over and nap.

That night, when we pulled into the driveway, this kid in the backseat was sitting up, but sleeping, and all the sudden he said "Whos playiiiing??" It was hilarious lol.
We're only strays.
Feel for you man, my 47 year old uncle passed away on sunday from cancer. He came down very quickly and had little chance to savour his last few days. Most of my family are devastated.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.
Quote by SG thrasher
...Explain?

well, I haven't spoken to him yet, And I dont really know what to do,
I'm kinda scared from anything that's gonna happened.
...And The Nominees Are
Don't be hard on the driver, the past is what it is because we can't change it, and he probably knows this. The hard part is that any one of them could've been driving and fallen asleep, although we'll never see what would've happened that way.

Point is, it could've been any of them driving and it still might have happened. Don't condemn the driver, he knows what he did and he's probably having a harder time dealing with it than you may think...

My respects, nonetheless. Losing a friend is a really tough thing to take. Just push on, and keep em in your thoughts and your heart.
Quote by flame843
My original intent was to put "...but never trust the French," but I didn't for fear of starting a flame war with some French UGER.

Quote by Funkbass796
why worry about that? They'd surrender immediatly.
Quote by TheWarlock724
Don't be hard on the driver, the past is what it is because we can't change it, and he probably knows this. The hard part is that any one of them could've been driving and fallen asleep, although we'll never see what would've happened that way.

Point is, it could've been any of them driving and it still might have happened. Don't condemn the driver, he knows what he did and he's probably having a harder time dealing with it than you may think...

My respects, nonetheless. Losing a friend is a really tough thing to take. Just push on, and keep em in your thoughts and your heart.

Thats what i mean't to say, i just, couldn't, without sounding like a prick.
my respects. that must be really s***ty.

im terrified of driving as it is, im so cautious when im behind the wheel, because one of my best friends was in a car with her bf and it flipped at 90mph and he was ok but she got trapped under the car and nearly lost her arm...she had 70% damage to that arm, and has had a load of reconstructive surgery on it...shes only just regaining use of it. shes learning to drive herself now though, which im damn impressed at, cos i wouldnt :|
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I know that, and the thoughts about that subject filled my head aswell.
I know his pain is much worser. and I dont hate him, I just hate what he has done.
I have so much to write,just not the strength right now.
...And The Nominees Are
That really sucks.

My mum fell asleep at the wheel when we were coming home from holiday once, and our car hit a tree and rolled over and into the ditch. She nearly died
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by esther_mouse
my respects. that must be really s***ty.

im terrified of driving as it is, im so cautious when im behind the wheel, because one of my best friends was in a car with her bf and it flipped at 90mph and he was ok but she got trapped under the car and nearly lost her arm...she had 70% damage to that arm, and has had a load of reconstructive surgery on it...shes only just regaining use of it. shes learning to drive herself now though, which im damn impressed at, cos i wouldnt :|

My friend was involved in a car accident and got a fear of driving, and now he drives an SUV, i'm sure you can do it too.
...And The Nominees Are
yeah, i am learning to drive atm, im just a little more cautious than most...im diabetic so i have to watch my bloodsugar and stuff, and im really paranoid about passing out at the wheel or something lol :s which is probably a good thing, cos it means im gonna take more care when driving...but...yeah

i dont know where youre from, but in england they now have signs on motorways warning people not to drive when tired. not sure how effective they are, but its better than nothing, i guess.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Well I started out being quite careless, and I got it out of my system after 4 tickets and 2 wrecks... no 3 wrecks and a restricted license lol. It's been two years and I haven't gotten a ticket or bent a fender, and I don't plan on either ever happening again. Sometimes people don't learn right until they learn the hard way.
We're only strays.
Really sorry to hear your loss.

I am learning to drive and my test is soon, and I just hope that I never fall asleep at the wheel....I sometimes have lapses of concentration though
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
I cant drive. My dad is incredible, he can stay up all day, from 7am and not sleep until 3am and not sleep, yet he can still drive perfectly. I bet he's on drugs....I know he's on Prozac...
Quote by Moggan13
I cant drive. My dad is incredible, he can stay up all day, from 7am and not sleep until 3am and not sleep, yet he can still drive perfectly. I bet he's on drugs....I know he's on Prozac...

Done it. Not prozac, the driving lol.
We're only strays.
Sorry for your loss.

I have falled asleep at the wheel.

I was trying to get to my base (ARMY) on time and wound up crashing on the side of the road. Nothing happend to me and I thank God for that.

I learned NOTHING is so important to risk falling asleep at the wheel.

Just get some rest.
EG544SC by Takamine
Jasmine S30 by Takamine

Acoustic all the way!.

Page 1 of 3