Page 1 of 2
It seems like most blues and jazz fans would be older, but I'm 18 and I love the blues, I was just curious as to how old most of us/you are.
17 year old blues fan, i hate jazz though

That one last shot's a Permanent Vacation
And how high can you fly with broken wings?
Life's a journey not a destination
And I just can't tell just what tomorrow brings

For info how to join the team PM Bombtrack
Most of the older blues guys don't frequent tab pages very much
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
Quote by horazonblade
Most of the older blues guys don't frequent tab pages very much

or post things

I love jazz, I also love the blues, and Im 21.
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
Member #? of theVIVA MEXICO CLUB

Beware of the Lawyer: the Dog is Harmless.
I'm 18 now, but I fell in love with the Blues during a trip to St. Louis when I was twelve.
16 ... been a fan for about 3 years.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
59 (really!)

most regulars to this forum would realise that from my posts talking about seeing
peter green live with fleetwood mac and eric clapton with john mayall etc etc!

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by dr_john at Sep 25, 2006,
15, been into to the blues for awhile now and just completly emersed myself in its history and what not and I also listen to a good bit of jazz and would say that I have an average knowledge of jazz theory and also what not.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
14 and lonely (not many blues fans my age)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
17, got into blues about two years ago. I'm less into jazz, but I still enjoy it.
Quote by dr_john
59 (really!)

most regulars to this forum would realise that from my posts talking about seeing
peter green live with fleetwood mac and eric clapton with john mayall etc etc!

That is real awesome man, i bet you have some great memories of those gigs. im now very jelous of you now for seeing two of my favourtite all time bands . Maybe oneday you could all tell us young people (i refraind from saying not so old ) what it was like to be around in the british blues scene when it was all becoming new.

im near enough 19 by the way
15. Blues fan for 4 years. Not much of a Jazz person though. I might be soon though......
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
21, jazz fan. blues is there lol, but i can't really listen to it much. of course though, i appreciate that it created rock and how it's used in jazz, especially being a traditionalist in jazz tastes.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
18, I like jazz. I enjoy some blues, but I'm not into it as much as some other genres.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
15.. blues fan well.. forever.. the first song I liked that I ever remember hearing was crossroads, the Clapton version.
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
im 14 and love the blues like no other. not to big on jazz but i respect it as good music.
Call me Jack
19. I love blues, and enjoy jazz.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
14, just got into blues a few months ago.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Im 15 and i love jazz. Blues is awesome as well but im more into jazz.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
18, loved the blues for 3 or 4 years and enjoy jazz but prefer its derivatives (afrobeat, funk, acid...).
Out of interest are we all also male? The guitar is an instrument played predominantly by blokes and the blues audience is mainly male too, so I'd be interested to know if there are any girls who post here?
Also, how eclectic are your musical tastes? I assume most of us listen to rock, but what sort of rock are you into? Personally I like a lot of garage and punk, though I hate metal. I also know there's a lot of hate for hip-hop on this site but while I too hate gangster rap, I get very annoyed with idiots who say they hate hip-hop when they don't know what it is. Jurassic 5 (whom I love), for example have used a lot of classic jazz samples in their songs in the past.
Quote by FunkedUp
18, loved the blues for 3 or 4 years and enjoy jazz but prefer its derivatives (afrobeat, funk, acid...).
Out of interest are we all also male? The guitar is an instrument played predominantly by blokes and the blues audience is mainly male too, so I'd be interested to know if there are any girls who post here?
Also, how eclectic are your musical tastes? I assume most of us listen to rock, but what sort of rock are you into? Personally I like a lot of garage and punk, though I hate metal. I also know there's a lot of hate for hip-hop on this site but while I too hate gangster rap, I get very annoyed with idiots who say they hate hip-hop when they don't know what it is. Jurassic 5 (whom I love), for example have used a lot of classic jazz samples in their songs in the past.

I'm a guy, I love the blues above all else, but I also love classic rock, funk, a little metal (sabbath, GnR), some jazz and jazz-rock (Steely Dan), a small amount of punk (ramones, the clash)
Last edited by Mattefuller at Sep 26, 2006,
15, love blues and jazz, i've loved blues for about 2 years, and jazz for about 3
Quote by zerohero
17, loved the blues ever since i heard stevie ray vaughan play.

Same here, except I'm 18.
All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage
Page 1 of 2