does anyone have any tricks or tech. to help them remember chord progressions and words to songs. I've got no problem playing them, but I seem to forget them when I'm playing in front of anyone. any tips?
I'm the brains behind Jesse and the Rippers
practice until u can play it off by heart on your own
Orinally Posted by HorridxHopes

This is the smartest question ever posted in the pit. I commend you.

I asked about theory of reality and this is what someone said to me!
I do plenty of practicing, just trying to figure out a way to learn them faster and not go blank when i'm playing them for a crowd
I'm the brains behind Jesse and the Rippers
If you can't remember your songs, you're not playing them enough.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
Play it a few times with the sheet music in front of you, then take the sheet music away and force yourself to play from memory. If you stuff it up, check the music, then try again until you get it right. Also try breaking it up into verse and chorus, and get each section pown pat before you put it all together.
got to have confidence wen u play in front... got to imagine that ur playing it for ur self not for the ppl... works for me
Quote by ckellingc
Play it til you got it down. then move to a small audience (family, friends, etc. somebody that won't care if you mess up). Work your way up

Agreed.

Also, get used to the chords you need for the songs. If they're full of obscure chords you've never heard before and will forget easily, focus on those first.

Play the progressions as often as possible. Maybe use the songs as warm up routines everyday before you move onto whatever else you practice on guitar. Or designate one practice session solely for one progression that you want to memorize. Practice is really key for memorization and will help more than anything.
Memory tricks - just play the song alot like others have said but when you play on a stage (solo) Have the director or whoever is running the show shine all the lights on you so when you look out at the audience the light kinda blinds you and you cant see them it always works for me...And you kinda need to be indoors too.
Quote by GsKoRn1
Memory tricks - just play the song alot like others have said but when you play on a stage (solo) Have the director or whoever is running the show shine all the lights on you so when you look out at the audience the light kinda blinds you and you cant see them it always works for me...And you kinda need to be indoors too.

I HATE when i cant see the audience

Seeing them is the best part of playing live for me.

But yeah TS, your nervous, if your forgetting them live only.
Play live more, you'll get over it.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!