I've read the reviews, and I have already test driven one, so I know I like it's tone. My question: Is this amp usable in a bedroom practice situation? I don't gig, won't in the near future so thats not a factor. I just love the tone.
Can this amp be played at low volumes?

I play a upgrade standard strat, gcb-95 crybaby, and bd-2
I like LLB

thanks

-Greg
Not really low volumes, But more of a resonable volume. I dont really know hwo toe xplain but its nto quiet and its not loud... But it will piss of neighbours eventually.. Id suggest investing in an attenuator or a suondproofed music room (like me )
^Ooo, what's an attenuator like with it?

And they're good amps, I use my Blues Jr (basically a Hot Rod) with my Blues Driver, it sounds immense.

And I'm gonna' suggest you get a Fender Blues Jr, it's a lower wattage Deluxe without the awful 2nd channel.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I dont actually have an attenuator i have a soundproofed room with a Drum Kit etc..

Well, Its my room, Just a room with a drum kit and a mess of cables and my giant pedal setup and a bass amp, with a bed and a TV in the corner
i have the blues deville which is basically the same, just with only 2 channels (its an oldie)

it works ok for bedroom practice, but it doesnt sound to good, also you cant get any distortion below 4 volume (for me anyway)
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Erm...thanks for that.

*Draws up plans for your room so I can come in and move things...*
Don't be afraid to care"

Look at this

Put it into the effects loop and you can push the tubes without it being deafeningly loud.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
^It doesn't work the same way, it just acts as a master volume, it doesn't drive the power amp valves.
Don't be afraid to care"

wannabe jesus . . .

you just made my life!!!

edit: I love the little kokopelles (spelled very incorrectly!) on the side!!!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Last edited by hamish5178 at Sep 25, 2006,
Quote by wannabe jesus
Look at this

Put it into the effects loop and you can push the tubes without it being deafeningly loud.

I have seen this idea before and since I am pretty handy with a soldering weapon I think I may build one of those.

I am just worried because I am pretty much committed to this thing and if its too loud I;m screwed. I play a Micro Cube now

any additional input is welcome, just nothing about this amps tone, that is a personal thing.

-Greg
Don't buy that "volume box", man, it's just a Master Volume control in a box. It is NOT, repeat, NOT, an attenuator, powersoak, powerbrake, whatever. It's just a volume knob.
Quote by Danno13
Don't buy that "volume box", man, it's just a Master Volume control in a box. It is NOT, repeat, NOT, an attenuator, powersoak, powerbrake, whatever. It's just a volume knob.

so it won't have any effect on the output volume? i would guess that the amps controls already handle that.

thanks

-Greg
they are known to be loud amps.. well need to be loud to realli push the speakers to sound decent... (if u tried it.. coudlnt u have tried it at low volume?)
i agree with the blues junior idea~
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
You need to check out fenderforum.com ( HRD Tavern ). There's been discussion of this and various other issues, mods, etc.

What I plan on doing with mine is eventually changing out the lead master pot from a linear pot to an audio pot. Basically, this will allow you to adjust the volume without going straight to an insane level from the get-go. Check here...

Good luck!!
i own a fender hot rod deluxe, and it does sound fine at low volumes.
i mean, you will need to push it to get that incredible tone and sounds but it is still playable. it gets very loud very fast though, so if you are just using it for bedroom you might want to get it soundproofed. iuse it in my basement at volume 3 of 11 and it sounds alright and is very loud at even that.
its a great amp though man. and the overdrive channel is pretty nice; the distortion channel sucks unless you use it as just distortion. i use that channel when im pushing octaves overtop of another guitar and nothing is too intense or loud yet.
the amp has really nice cleans, and if you ahve tested it you know that.
**** the neighbours haha.
Ibanez RG770DX /w Floyd Rose & Stock Pickups
Aria AK-80 Classical Concert Guitar
Boss DS-1
Boss TU-2
Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Heet Sound Ebow
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Ooo, what's an attenuator like with it?

And they're good amps, I use my Blues Jr (basically a Hot Rod) with my Blues Driver, it sounds immense.

And I'm gonna' suggest you get a Fender Blues Jr, it's a lower wattage Deluxe without the awful 2nd channel.

+1...if u want the hot rod tone and be able to drive it and not drive the neighboors crazy i suggest the blues jr with an overdrive pedal to help..perfect for what your looking for.
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
^^ it gets loud realli fast because the master uses linear pots, so it seems to get louder to our ears 1-5 more than 6+

but great amp
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild