how do i make a laughing noise on my guitar. steve vai or sumone like that does it and i REALLY want to know, thanks
a laughing noise? I really don't quite understand what your asking. Maybe a vibrato with some tremelo thrown in? I know Vai does a lot of vibrato and tremelo work.
It's easy, hit a note and then really vigourously shake your tremolo arm up and down quickly. Thus it sounds like laughter if done right. And if you have a locking trem system.
Quote by sashki
I've seen Steve Vai turn the bar around 180 degrees, then holding it, he'd shake his whole self and make a wierd sound. Wasn't exactly a laughing noise, though.

Like in the beginning of "The Audience is Listening" on G3 Live in Tokyo, right?
You have to hold your guitar up to your mouth and tell it a joke, Hendrix did this and people thought he was playing with his teeth but in actual fact no, he was telling it why the chicken crossed the road.
it's a technique called flutter. you pull or push the trem bar really far in either direction, then let it go. it snaps back to neutral position, but before it's back at rests, the momentum of what you did makes the pitch flutter back and forth.

what you're probably talking about is when you flutter by pushing the trem into the cavity.
Are you talking about the original fire solo?? That sounds like a monkey. I saw him in a vid tuning his machine heads while using trem bar.
Ummm, not sure i know what you're talking about, but the only thing I can come up with for how he does it is because he's steve fucking vai.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by Lead guitarist
Are you talking about the original fire solo?? That sounds like a monkey. I saw him in a vid tuning his machine heads while using trem bar.

that wouldnt make any difference is he turned the pegs cuz its locked at the nut....
Quote by Invictious
Wah+Trem bar + Volume pedal = There you go, probably with a harmonic too

dayum... =| that means he ahs to be standing on top of both pedals moving them while try to hit the harmonic with trem bar in hand, jeez!

<3 -Cori
First he starts on the 19th fret with the bar raised one step, then he hits then note, press the wah down as he releases the bar in time with the wah pressing down. Do this in succesion of notes, eventually getting to lower notes.

This is how he does it in Yankee rose.

The Horse Whinny is what most of these guys are describing.
Quote by givemeaname
My sisters pretty hot aswell
Quote by Jaffaps2
You have to hold your guitar up to your mouth and tell it a joke, Hendrix did this and people thought he was playing with his teeth but in actual fact no, he was telling it why the chicken crossed the road.

Lol..
Quote by HxCori<3
dayum... =| that means he ahs to be standing on top of both pedals moving them while try to hit the harmonic with trem bar in hand, jeez!

<3 -Cori

Yes, I remember Vai doing that too.
Quote by HxCori<3

<3 -Cori

What do u expect... he's Vai...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
on the guitar pro tab for the audience is listening the guy tabbed it.
i think its prety much just trem
Quote by _Mayday_
Some people paint masterpieces, other say cunt alot.

Quote by WantToLearn
Hi... i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water