Page 1 of 2
I think CSN is pretty boring to watch live, they just stand still the whole time. They're lucky they added Mr. Young to the tour this year, atleast he is interesting.
Its how you look and how you feel
I haven't seen any "big" bands that are boring live, but some of the openers I've seen have been pretty lame.

Kim Mitchell gets boring fairly quickly live, buts its not too bad.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Ben harper got quite boring when his songs went on a little - Doesnt mean it was a bad show though
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
HOW DARE u say that about csn man, u have to give them credit, they all seperated from there original bands(the byrds,hollies, and buffalo springfield) to form a band like wat they have done and created
Quote by the_hippy_way!!
HOW DARE u say that about csn man, u have to give them credit, they all seperated from there original bands(the byrds,hollies, and buffalo springfield) to form a band like wat they have done and created

What does that have to do with their live performance? I don't have to credit them with a damn thing if they put on a boring show.
Rig:
1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50
Marshall 1960 Slant Cab
VOX10T552 Wah
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
Quote by Billy Badass
What does that have to do with their live performance? I don't have to credit them with a damn thing if they put on a boring show.

Good point. One could argue that those guys are getting pretty old, and thats the reason. I wouldn't say that, they could still be great. I haven't been to one of their concerts, so I can't give that viewpoint - but I saw "Heart of Gold." I didn't really think it was too bad, pretty much what I expected from an aging Neil Young.

What are some things you think he could do to make it better, realistically?
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
I don't go to many shows by artists from the CR era... the ones I do see, a lot of them are surprisingly energetic.

The videos I've seen of Paul McCartney have been boring, but I haven't seen a show in person, so I'm withholding judgement on that.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
^^even so, McCartney makes up for it in the music at his shows.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by BrainDamage
^^even so, McCartney makes up for it in the music at his shows.

The music's great, and he hires good guys... it's just something about his stage presence that gets me.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Why are they boring? Because they don't prance around like a fairy like Mick Jagger does? Because they don't smash their instruments like the Who? Because they don't do guitar spins like the ****ty bands of today? I'm sorry, but as long as the music is good, the band is good, regardless of how often they move. And CSN's music is VERY good. I saw them twice this summer, and let me tell you, they were two of the best concerts I've ever been to.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by the_hippy_way!!

right...... but that doesn't mean they arn't boring to watch live. I'm not saying they arn't good live, they are wonderful live. Just boring to watch.

Quote by trey-col89
Why are they boring? Because they don't prance around like a fairy like Mick Jagger does? Because they don't smash their instruments like the Who? Because they don't do guitar spins like the ****ty bands of today? I'm sorry, but as long as the music is good, the band is good, regardless of how often they move. And CSN's music is VERY good. I saw them twice this summer, and let me tell you, they were two of the best concerts I've ever been to.

I completley agree. The music is wonderful and that's waht counts and that's why I still see them. But I just find it to be a bore to watch them. I enjoy people like Neil because he always adds something to the performance with his energy and with his physical energy comes more emotion through the music.
Last edited by Hauf at Sep 25, 2006,
Led Zeppelin.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
Led Zeppelin.

If I may inquire, early or late? I don't always find the later performances too inspiring either.
Quote by psychodelia
If I may inquire, early or late? I don't always find the later performances too inspiring either.

Eh both. I can't stand Jimmy Page's lame improvisations, or John Bonham's half hour drum solos.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by pumpkins_rule
Eh both. I can't stand Jimmy Page's lame improvisations, or John Bonham's half hour drum solos.

Nothing kills a show like a half hour drum solo.

As much as I like(d) Cream, I can't see them putting on a good show.
van halen i saw them about 2 years ago and eddy got carried away and soloed for 20 mins i mean it was good music for the most part but the van halen way of soloing is crappy would have rather seen a good blues show.
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
Quote by Maet
I can take drum solos to a point. When they get to be 25 and 30 minutes long is when they bother me.
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by Hauf
right...... but that doesn't mean they arn't boring to watch live. I'm not saying they arn't good live, they are wonderful live. Just boring to watch.

I completley agree. The music is wonderful and that's waht counts and that's why I still see them. But I just find it to be a bore to watch them. I enjoy people like Neil because he always adds something to the performance with his energy and with his physical energy comes more emotion through the music.

Well, I disagree, but I'm far too tired to argue so lets just agree to disagree.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by pumpkins_rule

you should casterate yourself so you cant breed, the world doesnt need more people who have no taste in music, theres enough people who listen to rap to fill that suposed need.
Quote by sempri_fi
you should casterate yourself so you cant breed, the world doesnt need more people who have no taste in music, theres enough people who listen to rap to fill that suposed need.

Wow. You like Led Zeppelin and hate rap. You sure are an original little eltist now aren't you? Why don't you go join the other pre-pubescent tots who think that Led Zeppelin are the greatest thing ever and who can't accept that fact that people might think otherwise.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by bTOMd
but seriously, led zeppelin are the best ever

That is opinion, and doesn't give semper fi any right to imagine that he and his taste are "better" than pumpkins_rule.

Besides, it's fact that Page is a sloppy player. And just because that doesn't float his boat, some ignorant fool jumps down his throat.
Quote by Hauf
I think CSN is pretty boring to watch live, they just stand still the whole time. They're lucky they added Mr. Young to the tour this year, atleast he is interesting.

Dude, I went and saw CSNY and it was awesome!
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
Why do these forums have to be flooded with people going "Led Zeppelin rules", or "Led Zeppelin sucks" or "rap sucks". Who gives a **** if Wu-Tang guy likes Zepp? Who gives a **** if Zepp guy likes Wu? If you like them, great, if not, **** ya. Youre not going to talk someone into liking a band or rapper they don't like.

And yeah, I'm a Zepp fan. I would never call a Page improv lame. Or a Bonham solo?!?!
Quote by Zero-Hartman

If I can't masturbate to childrens cartoons then this country isn't great.
Santana , I actually walked into the hallway and hung out there to look for some action
Quote by chopps00
Why do these forums have to be flooded with people going "Led Zeppelin rules", or "Led Zeppelin sucks" or "rap sucks". Who gives a **** if Wu-Tang guy likes Zepp? Who gives a **** if Zepp guy likes Wu? If you like them, great, if not, **** ya. Youre not going to talk someone into liking a band or rapper they don't like.

And yeah, I'm a Zepp fan. I would never call a Page improv lame. Or a Bonham solo?!?!

Because for some reason, no matter what the topic, someone so much as mentions the words "Led Zeppelin" and all of the elitists, both pro and con, seep out of the cracks.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
I wouldn't say boring but maybe bland in the way they act on stage but the music is really what I'm looking for. The band I'm talking about is Yes.

Everyone just stands there except for Chris Squire (bass). Maybe they're too busy owning all of you to do stage dances and stuff.
Quote by chopps00

Well the guy asked what musicians I thought were boring live. I think Led Zeppelin are terribly boring, so I mentioned them. Then out of nowhere I get flamed by some idiot for having an opinion. I didn't do anything wrong.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

What part of the live shows are you looking at? Music, improvisation on stage, lights, band or a combination of the lot?
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!
Quote by distilledspirit
Maybe they're too busy owning all of you to do stage dances and stuff.
yeah that's it.

Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by Sherman901
Dude, I went and saw CSNY and it was awesome!

I never said they weren't awesome. Just 3/4 of them arn't very interesting to watch

Quote by stonegolem13
What part of the live shows are you looking at? Music, improvisation on stage, lights, band or a combination of the lot?

I was talking mainly the musicians themselves. I know not everyone is all exciting to watch, I'm a pretty boring person to watch play. But I was mainly just wondering what musicians are boring to watch.
Quote by Maet

They were actually the first jam band, with Clapton and Bruce sometimes improvising for 20+ min at a time. I'd kill to have seen them in the 60's, there was so much talent there. They were one of those bands that was much better live.

Lol, I don't think you know too much about Cream anyway.
Quote by Alec Freeman
They were actually the first jam band, with Clapton and Bruce sometimes improvising for 20+ min at a time. I'd kill to have seen them in the 60's, there was so much talent there. They were one of those bands that was much better live.

Lol, I don't think you know too much about Cream anyway.

20+ minute portions of generic blues rock. Hmm... Yes... Thilling...
The music is great, but those have gotta be the worst cameramen ever. Especially during the solo.
Quote by Hauf

Yeah, but when Neil Young plays it looks like a constipated Tazmanian Devil having a seizure. And being quite angry indeed.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by DieN
What? How can anyone mention cream in here?
Watch this:
White Room 1968
How is this generic? (ignore the strange beginning)

It's the same. It's neither a) spectacular, b) energetic, c) brimming with talent, d) enthralling. To me, it's just there. There's nothing particularily distinctive about it. Granted it was the 60's, but it's hardly timeless, let alone amusing.
Quote by Maet

I don't know. I think Cream could do a good show now. They don't play things out so long now that they're older. Besides, our attention spans today are much smaller than they were in the late '60s, so we don't like crazy long songs as much.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by Maet
It's the same. It's neither a) spectacular, b) energetic, c) brimming with talent, d) enthralling. To me, it's just there. There's nothing particularily distinctive about it. Granted it was the 60's, but it's hardly timeless, let alone amusing.

Well if you don't like Cream then you don't like Cream live, lol

Personally I love Eric Clapton's playing, it never gets boring. I don't have ADD either, so I don't blame you if you can't concentrate for 20+ min.
Quote by Maet

Hmmm...no, I disagree. In my opinion it is a, b, c and d.
Page 1 of 2