With some help from my dad (a guitarist of 20 years), I ended my debate between the Tele and Strat.

Overall it's really nice, but I've got a lot to learn. I've been on bass for a solid 3 1/2 years, which helps, but right now I only know about 12 chords (theoretically I know them all, but you know what I mean). Picking and fingering is an easy switch from bass, though. I'm still primarily a bassist, but learning guitar will definately open some doors.

The model I got was the 60th Anniversary MIM. However, it has a natural finish ash body, a red tortoise-shell pickguard, and aged plastic parts. I looked it up on Fender's website, and it isn't even there, nor is it on Musician's Friend. Any ideas?
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Are you sure it's made in Mexico, theres a Am Deluxe just like that
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

It says Made in Mexico on the headstock, and I paid $520 for it.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
was it new or used? cause if it was used somebody coulda shanged it
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
I think 60th MIM only come in blizzard pearl.
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
Quote by stringmagician
no, I have that same guitar, it's not 60th ann. and the pickups are plain white, not aged

yeah i know its the players, i was asking him cause i thought the 60th only came in the silver pearl color. and maybe he's a little confused.

was i gone?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
nope, not that guitar. And I bought it new with the stickers still on it. Maybe a fluke? It's even got a little round commemorative thing on the back of the headstock that says "Fender 60" with a diamond. The neck plate doesn't say anything.
Quote by mountaindew88
nope, not that guitar. And I bought it new with the stickers still on it. Maybe a fluke? It's even got a little round commemorative thing on the back of the headstock that says "Fender 60" with a diamond. The neck plate doesn't say anything.

You got if off a guitar store right?

Maybe it was used and the user before it modded the paintjob and such. Why don't you take pictures?
Sent from my iPad.
well the diamond is a sure givaway. that was what they added to the 60th anniversary. but the neck plate is supposed to say 60th anniversary.

they do add medals to alot of guitars tho.
for example, my 95-96 mim is also an anniversary of sorts. it says something like 50 years of excellence. but its not a limited ed.

and no fender wouldnt make a mistake like that.
the 60th, has certain pickups, comes with case, and specific tuners, and color.

whats the first few numbers on the headstock?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 26, 2006,
How much did you pay? I have the 60th MIM, it only comes in blizard pearl, which is a silver color. The American version of the 60th looks like this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-60th-Anniversary-Commemorative-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517893

Perhaps what you really have is a "classic 60s" model. People tend to get the models confused sometimes. I knew of a guy who was representiing a Classic 60s as a 62 reissue, calling it a classic '62. Hope the guy who finally bought it was at least as smart as I was, the seller did drop his asking price to $530 US
I don't know what guitar model it is but what you're describing sounds delicious!!

Pics please!!

I have a MIM Player Deluxe and I love it! I've also got the Deluxe Nashville tele. Both guitars have incredibly playable necks and sound terrific!
Quote by mountaindew88

Dude my American Deluxe Strat has that too. It's not an anniversary model, it was just made durin the anniverary year. So yeah, it's just a normal strat that happened to be produced durin the anniversary. They stuck on that little round thing on both our guitars.