Page 1 of 2
I don't know about anyone else here, but i'm bursting with joy!

It's called "9":
1.'9 Crimes'
2.'The Animals Were Gone'
3.'Elephant'
4.'Rootless Tree'
5.'Dogs'
6.'Coconut Skins'
7.'Me, My Yoke And I'
8.'Grey Room'
9.'Accidental Babies'
10.'Sleep Don't Weep'

I myself am an avid fan of his music and simply can't wait 'till the album finds its way through my letter box.
Discuss UG.
Quote by caz_guitar_dude

.......oh wait, you're serious .

Mr Rice isn't my bag...he tends to whine an awful lot.

Wanna know why he sings he wished he floated like a cannonball? Because he's a twat. That's why.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by cagnius
Wanna know why he sings he wished he floated like a cannonball? Because he's a twat. That's why.

Nope. Its because he failed high school science, and therefore does not comprehend the concept of gravity .
Damien Rice..
Reminds me of a football player...
Oh god, he isn't, is he?
A recent study shows that 98% of people don't give a flying fuck about what you consider 'real' music is or not.
Quote by richwatkinson
Nope. Its because he failed high school science, and therefore does not comprehend the concept of gravity .

And he's a twat.
Well that's great, to be quite frank i couldn't give a shite if you don't like him but to go around attempting to inflate your ego with your "ignorant pump" is just... well ignorant and rude. So do me a favour, get lost and show some respect please.

Edit: Way back up there.
Irish indie music scene sucks. I really wish it didn't, but it does. Including Damo Rice.

Oh, and by "yoke", he probably means ecstasy. Pfft, gearbag.
Quote by scousertommy
Irish indie music scene sucks. I really wish it didn't, but it does. Including Damo Rice.

Oh, and by "yoke", he probably means ecstasy. Pfft, gearbag.

Oh come now Ro, not you too
Quote by caz_guitar_dude
So do me a favour, get lost and show some respect please.

So do me a favour, get lost and go to the right forum.
A recent study shows that 98% of people don't give a flying fuck about what you consider 'real' music is or not.
I was once a fan of his, but then when I really listened to his songs, I realised how repetitive and uninspired they are. Same boring progressions, dull lyrics and a mediocre live performance. He also has a tad bit of ego inflation and is a bit hypocritcal in his marketing policy. And he's really short, and I just don't trust short men.
Quote by caz_guitar_dude
I don't know about anyone else here, but i'm bursting with joy!

It's called "9":
1.'9 Crimes'
2.'The Animals Were Gone'
3.'Elephant'
4.'Rootless Tree'
5.'Dogs'
6.'Coconut Skins'
7.'Me, My Yoke And I'
8.'Grey Room'
9.'Accidental Babies'
10.'Sleep Don't Weep'

I myself am an avid fan of his music and simply can't wait 'till the album finds its way through my letter box.
Discuss UG.

Damien rice is ****ing awesome.
Is someone sending the album to you in a thing like you send it or megaupload?
If so could you send it to Mixmasta91@gmail.com

Thanks alot if you do
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by caz_guitar_dude
Well that's great, to be quite frank i couldn't give a shite if you don't like him but to go around attempting to inflate your ego with your "ignorant pump" is just... well ignorant and rude. So do me a favour, get lost and show some respect please.

Edit: Way back up there.

Well, you originally posted...

Discuss UG.

So what exactly do you want us to discuss? The actual process of the album coming through your letterbox?! Wow, super thread!

you wanted to discuss and I gave my opnion.

If you come to a forum and ask questions, and you get them, don't go in a big huff, you big girl, you.
^^ The album comes out on the 6th of November and i've pre-ordered it from www.play.com so that's where i'm getting it from. Will be until then when i get it of course. Finally someone who does like him.

I just get the feeling that most judge without knowledge...
Quote by cagnius
Well, you originally posted...

So what exactly do you want us to discuss? The actual process of the album coming through your letterbox?! Wow, super thread!

you wanted to discuss and I gave my opnion.

If you come to a forum and ask questions, and you get them, don't go in a big huff, you big girl, you.

No no no, the new album.

Plus, why give your opinion by first saying "" then carrying on by saying that he's a prick, balh blah blah. All you need to do is say your opinion, not going around being an arse about it. The others can manage it, why not you?
Quote by caz_guitar_dude
Oh come now Ro, not you too

Lol, yeah, I didn't mean it. He's okay, just not my personal cup of green tea...
^ Know exactly what you mean. To be honest i was a bit dumb for putting this in the pit (thinking there could be a relaxed chat about it) but who am i kidding? But yeah, knew i'd get mixed reactions, just thought i'd get polite ones, which i have mostly.
Quote by caz_guitar_dude
No no no, the new album.

Plus, why give your opinion by first saying "" then carrying on by saying that he's a prick, balh blah blah.

I genuinley thought you were kidding - people from this genre often get brought up in the pit to a rousing display of apathy and dog's-abuse. The reason for this being, partly due to their mediocre songwriting ability, but in the main its usually the whining and lack of any enthusiasm which gets the pit's collective goat.

Also, I called him a twat, not a prick. I stand by that. He is a twat.

All you need to do is say your opinion, not going around being an arse about it. The others can manage it, why not you?

I gave my opinion. Whether I'm an arse is a subjective term, which frankly, I don't give a flying monkey's about.

Thus, m'eh, whatever.
The new album is incredible, and in a very different way than O. After the first listen through this one I Was a little dissappointed because of some of the different things, but after listening again I am in love with this album. Simply Incredible. The best songs are, me, my yoke, and me, Accidental Babies, Elpahany (originally thought to be called the blower's daughter Pt. 2), and Rootless tree. Its very very good.
i heard '9 crimes' yesterday, just beautiful. Might get this album, this thread is kninda in the wrong place btw
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Meh, at least James Blunt has an interesting voice, vocal range. Rice is bland as hell. We have so many annoying copycat singer/songwriters we have here now, too.
God I love your avatar.
ρ
Ya ok Damien Rice is a copycat even though he released his music before James Blunt. James Blunt is a bum who is ten times more bland then Damien Rice. Listen to the new song Me, my yoke, and I and tell me he is bland.
volcano is one beautiful song.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
I'm a fan. I hope to get it when it's in the States (not sure when that is, though).

And James Blunt's range isn't really all that spectacular, and his tone and technique are terrible. His melodies are very uninspired, too.
i got the new album and i would say i don't love it like O but it sure is good to hear some new material from old damien! His voice is amazzzzin. Not dull in my opinion. Its sure one of the best thing out this year that's wide spread! Go Damein!
Damien Rice is one of the most passionate singer/songwriters out there right now.
Quote by flyingjew34
Practice Practice Practice man. You can't get better at anything without practice. Oh, and mustard too.

I play like I'm breaking out of jail.

--Stevie Ray Vaughan
Quote by invisible_man
volcano is one beautiful song.

I love the version on: http://www.fabchannel.com/

Just search his name there and you can watch it, if anybody's interested.

I'm slightly surprised he's getting bashed so much.
« »
Page 1 of 2