has anyone here owned a peavey valveking 112 combo? if so can you tell me a couple things about it like...

1. What kind of music it is best for

2. Is it reliable/ built well

3. In your opinion was it good quality?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
1. Sensual music to get into your girlfriends pants.

2. It lasts maybe a day or two than implodes.

3. Yes I did get a "lot" out of it.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
anything else under $400 you would say is better for all kinds of rock?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by burning_feather
Your in for a treat m8. (not very reliable, use that standby switch like life support)

can you be more specific? how is it not very reliable?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
I bought one a few months back (VK2x12 combo)... had a chance to play around with it for about 10 minutes the night I bought it. A day later I powered it up, let the tubes warm up, turned it on and it made this loud siren-like noise, don't even know how to explain it. Brought it back to the store, the guys in the store tried a few things, but the amp totally crapped out on me.

It has a great clean channel. The distortion isn't anything great, definitely more for rock. I bought it for the clean channel, I was just going to either use my EQ-20 in the effects loop or distortin pedal for the distortion I wanted. Luckily, it died and I ended up returning it and getting something I knew I should have bought in the 1st place.

For the price, it's a good deal. But, it's really nothing to go crazy over, great clean channel, loud, and the distortion is decent. What kind of music do you play? The 2x12 is alittle more versatile because of the presence and resonance knob, they actually make a pretty big difference between the 1x12 and 2x12.
ehh i had one, breifly, i kept having to fix it, bad wiring, cheap fuses and crap, itd be good for someone who wanted to practice hot rodding an/or repairing (lots of practice with that) tube amps, but other than that its pretty useless, either get a used tube sombo or get a good solid state if you cant afford to spend more money for a good new combo.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm