ok i dont noe if this is in the right place but im trying to learn the solo to Eric Clapton's Layla Unplugged... and I need to slow it down but i dont know of any free software to do this without changing the pitch... does anyone know where i can download software like this

it must be free and it must be for Mac computers... thanx
Well you can use powertab or guitar pro to slow it down, but thats midi. I think theres a program called "the amazing slow downer" or something, but I'm not sure its mac compatable. Do you need the actual song slowed down, or would the midi be fine?
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by iain4444
Well you can use powertab or guitar pro to slow it down, but thats midi. I think theres a program called "the amazing slow downer" or something, but I'm not sure its mac compatable. Do you need the actual song slowed down, or would the midi be fine?

it would be awesome to have the actual song slowed down but i guess midi would work... and dont powertab and guitar pro cost money?
Powertab is free, and i think you can get a 30 day trial of guitar pro for free.

edit : did you check if guitar pro is compatible with mac?
And Eternity in an hour
Last edited by iain4444 at Sep 25, 2006,
Windows Media player has the ability to slow a song down to halfspeed.
Gear

Son Of Beast *IDW it anymore*
Peavey 6505+ Head
Marshall 1960A Cab

Quote by Draken
Guys relax if you can't joke about genocide then what can you do?
Quote by licitanarchy

Somehow I doubt Windows media player works on a Mac. I could be mistaken, but it just seems wrong to me
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by iain4444
Somehow I doubt Windows media player works on a Mac. I could be mistaken, but it just seems wrong to me

My, bad, didn't read thoroughly. SORRY
Gear

Son Of Beast *IDW it anymore*
Peavey 6505+ Head
Marshall 1960A Cab

Quote by Draken
Guys relax if you can't joke about genocide then what can you do?
I love Amazing Slow Downer. I use the Mac OSX version; works great. I used to use the Tascam CD thing, didn't like the interface, plus was a pain to have to take out everytime I wanted to use it, much easier just to pop a CD into the computer. Can slow down to 20%. Six band EQ helps you pick out individual instruments better, same with balance control that lets you pan to one side while still keeping sound going thru both headphones.

Now for the bad news: Its not free, costs $50. They do have a free trial version, but I think it only works on the first few songs of a CD you put in.

To me it was well worth the cost. (plus I have a soft spot for indie software developers)

www.ronimusic.com
oh, and the algorithm it uses for slowing down sounds better to my ear then the Tascam or anything else I've heard
Quote by licitanarchy

i use it all the time, works wonders