Page 1 of 2
im lookin for some songs with classic rock samples
songs like come with me- diddy and wanna know- obie trice
hi everybody

Hookers do not like to snuggle
- Zach Galifinakis
Gay Song It's by the rapper who can't rap. They overdub Stairway to heaven and Sunday Bloody Sunday.
'takeover' by Jay z which has a Doors sample in it, cannot rember what song tho
'S.C.OM' by Fort minor which has a sweet child of mine sample
'Happy Industries' by Lupe Fiasco which has a sample from Feel Good inc.

Can i just say its nice to see a thread about Rap, i feal a mcuh over looked genre on this site. Suppose its justified seeing as it is a guitar site so ignore me.
BTW i hate Rap that Insults woman. If ur willing too keep an open mind there is alot of mature rap about.
Rig -
Fender Reissue Jag-stang, Custom Fender Strat
Cry-baby wah
Digitech Whammy 4
Fender Blender Custom
Boss noise gate ns-2
Crate GLX 1200H
Marshall JCM900 cab
k i just remberd about this album called 'Rock Phenomeno' by DJ Vlad & Roc Raida. Its like a mash up album of lots of rock tracks and rap tracks, i wasn't that impressed tho but u mite wana check it out
Rig -
Fender Reissue Jag-stang, Custom Fender Strat
Cry-baby wah
Digitech Whammy 4
Fender Blender Custom
Boss noise gate ns-2
Crate GLX 1200H
Marshall JCM900 cab
It's not quite classic rock, but a sample from the Dead Boys' "Sonic Reducer" is in the Beastie Boys' "An Open Letter To NYC".
beastie's "sounds of science" has a bunch of beatles stuff.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Come with Me by P. Diddy (then Puff Daddy) uses Kashmir. Boring song, though, I am not a P. Diddy fan.

None of the rap I like uses CR samples, but there might be some good ones out there.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
The Grey Album by DJ Dangermouse. Mixes acappella Jay-Z over White album-era Beatles.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

the Beasites sampled the Rain Song (I think it was that one) in one of their songs.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
I think Mind on the Road by Reverend Run had a sample from that Joan Jett song.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
The Beasties also sampled the riff from LZ's The Ocean and the drums from When The Levee Breaks on their first album.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

When The Levee Breaks has been sampled lots of times accoding to Wiki, can't remember all the songs but I think Dre sampled it too.
Quote by StuartR
When The Levee Breaks has been sampled lots of times accoding to Wiki, can't remember all the songs but I think Dre sampled it too.

The site i posted lists these:

Beastie Boys?s ?A Year and a Day?
Beastie Boys?s ?Rhymin' and Stealin'?
Beastie Boys?s ?So What'cha Want?
Coldcut?s ?Beats and Pieces?
Depeche Mode?s ?Get Right with Me?
Depeche Mode?s ?Never Let Me Down Again?
Derek B?s ?Bad Young Brother?
Dr. Dre?s ?Lyrical Gangbang?
Eminem?s ?Kim?
Enigma?s ?Return of Innocence?
Freaks of Desire?s ?Beast Inside?
Get the Fist Movement?s ?Get the Fist?
Ice T?s ?Midnight?
Massive Attack?s ?Man Next Door?
Penthouse Players Clique?s ?Nathen's Changed?
Puff Daddy?s ?Come with Me? (must be the drums cause the riff is from Kashmir)
Raw Fusion?s ?Live from the Styleetron?
Robert Plant?s ?Tall Cool One? (???)
Sophie Hawkins?s ?Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover?
Tekken Tag Tournament?s ?Unknown Theme? (wtf?)
Typical Cats?s ?What You Though Hops?

But that's nothing compared to some James Brown songs
Quote by LKW
The site i posted lists these:

Beastie Boys?s ?A Year and a Day?
Beastie Boys?s ?Rhymin' and Stealin'?
Beastie Boys?s ?So What'cha Want?
Coldcut?s ?Beats and Pieces?
Depeche Mode?s ?Get Right with Me?
Depeche Mode?s ?Never Let Me Down Again?
Derek B?s ?Bad Young Brother?
Dr. Dre?s ?Lyrical Gangbang?
Eminem?s ?Kim?
Enigma?s ?Return of Innocence?
Freaks of Desire?s ?Beast Inside?
Get the Fist Movement?s ?Get the Fist?
Ice T?s ?Midnight?
Massive Attack?s ?Man Next Door?
Penthouse Players Clique?s ?Nathen's Changed?
Puff Daddy?s ?Come with Me? (must be the drums cause the riff is from Kashmir)
Raw Fusion?s ?Live from the Styleetron?
Robert Plant?s ?Tall Cool One? (???)
Sophie Hawkins?s ?Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover?
Tekken Tag Tournament?s ?Unknown Theme? (wtf?)
Typical Cats?s ?What You Though Hops?

Holy **** thats a bunch of bands!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by LKW

Yeah James Brown is the most sampled artist ever and Parliament/Funkadelic is second.
This isn't classic rock, but it's cool.

http://www.jay-zeezer.com/

Also there's one with Missy Elliot over "No One Knows" it's awesome.

EDIT: I'm also aware these are mashups and not songs by rap artists per se. I just thought it was cool and half relevant.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Sep 29, 2006,
Quote by RHCPhysco8
the Beasites sampled the Rain Song (I think it was that one) in one of their songs.

No, it was The Ocean and it was sampled in She's Crafty
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Quote by sheumack111
Eminem rips off Aerosmiths "Dream On"

It's a sample you pathetic fool. He pays royalties to Aerosmtih and everything.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

jesus christ man...I have even less respect for hip hop. I mean, I like maybe a handful of Hip Hop/Classic Rock mash-ups.

I had no clue that this many songs have been used...rather the original artists are paid or not is not the point. This is just stupid how rap artists make their salaries using other songs...like I said, even if they DO pay royalties thats just nonsense.
Bow down to the king....the King of Kings
Quote by JackWhite1988
jesus christ man...I have even less respect for hip hop. I mean, I like maybe a handful of Hip Hop/Classic Rock mash-ups.

I had no clue that this many songs have been used...rather the original artists are paid or not is not the point. This is just stupid how rap artists make their salaries using other songs...like I said, even if they DO pay royalties thats just nonsense.

Why? Stealing riffs and licks is in rock tradition as well. And do you think sampling is easy? I've tried, ad their's nothing easy about creating a good sample.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by pumpkins_rule
It's a sample you pathetic fool. He pays royalties to Aerosmtih and everything.

God get over your samples boy.......... Just coz we dont read bout eminem all the time......
The thing that cracks me up is that most people that are pissed at the beastie boys and rappers for sampling Classic Rock fail MISERABLY to educate themselves.

Did you know that "In my time of dying" was a old folk song? Yep, Zeppelin flat out STOLE it. Not sample, stole it and put their names on it for Physical Graffiti. Gallow's Pole used to be an old folk song called "Gallis Pole". They Changed the title to Gallows used the EXACT same lyrics and put their names on it.

Go to Amazon. Go to Google. Learn your facts. Then come in here and bitch about how The Beasties or those god awful rappers stole from your precious, wholesome, honest, musicians music you ignorant morons.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
^

I really don't see why doing covers is alright, but sampling is "uncreative".
Not to mention the fact that anyone who thinks you can't make good music with the use of sampling, has a strange idea of what music is about. Music is about making or arranging sounds in a such a way that it sounds pleasing. It's about the end result, not about the instruments or sources you use to achieve that result. You can compare it to a collage. The end result may be completely different from the pieces used to create it. Yet no art critic would be dumb enough to accuse an artist of theft because he made a collage.
Quote by LKW
^

I really don't see why doing covers is alright, but sampling is "uncreative".
Not to mention the fact that anyone who thinks you can't make good music with the use of sampling, has a strange idea of what music is about. Music is about making or arranging sounds in a such a way that it sounds pleasing. It's about the end result, not about the instruments or sources you use to achieve that result. You can compare it to a collage. The end result may be completely different from the pieces used to create it. Yet no art critic would be dumb enough to accuse an artist of theft because he made a collage.

Exactly, ever heard of 12-bar blues? So does that mean Clapton, Page, Dylan, Allman Bros., "Countless others", Etc. sampled Johnson, Ledbetter, Guthrie, some unknown guy from before the depression era? How is taking something created, mixing it up and playing it on guitar different than using a turntable? I can take 12-bar blues and do something with it on guitar I can't take two records and mix something up. Can you? Dylan would flat out take entire parts of Guthrie's stuff and put it in his music. He recorded "House of the Rising Sun" arranged by Dave Van Ronk and told him later about it. So get the hell over this stealing crap.

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Dylan's first album was all covers with only 2 'original' compositions.

These guys are just idiots who are prejudiced against Hip-Hop.
Quote by StuartR
Dylan's first album was all covers with only 2 'original' compositions.

These guys are just idiots who are prejudiced against Hip-Hop.

Well, nothing against, Bob Dylan is tied as my second favorite artist with Tool so I wasn't attacking him just pointing something out. I have no problem at all with covers. But when a group puts their names next to songs that were around when their grandparents were young it is ridiculous. I think since Zeppelin changed the names a little and played it electric they now think they own it. No, it's still a cover guys.

Quote by scoob666
I'm rather surprised no-one's mentioned This Means War! by Busta Rhymes, which samples Iron Man by Sabbath. It's fucking cracking.

I thought sampling was when you took part of the original and used it.... the instruments on This Means War sound like new recordings to me (of the same riff obviously).
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Sometimes the word sampling is easier to use when that happens. Dr Dre get musicians to re-play all the stuff he 'samples' since the Chronic.
Snoop Dogg- Rider's on the storm remix.

It's basically Rider on the Storm with a rap by Snoop Dog thrown in and a different beat and such.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by psychodelia
I thought sampling was when you took part of the original and used it.... the instruments on This Means War sound like new recordings to me (of the same riff obviously).

Well, maybe so, but it is exactly the same tune, just faster, and has Ozzy on it.
What rap songs contains Jefferson Airplanes 'Good morning Vietnam'?

It's really bugging me.
Quote by _Mayday_
What rap songs contains Jefferson Airplanes 'Good morning Vietnam'?

It's really bugging me.

*Ahem*
Page 1 of 2