Suppose you've all heard of it, but that's not the point.
I live in Uruguay, and i suppose seing such a great band like Deep Purple could be considered as a lifetime opportunity for anyone with some taste for music who lives in this sh itty country. However, it's not REALLY Deep Purple, it's Ian Gillan (ok), Ian Paice (ok), Roger Glover (ok i guess), and this two guys i've never heard of before, don airey and steve morse.
I mean, they're probably very good, but it's still not Deep Purple, so i was just interested in your opinion on wether i should go or not (considering i'm on a tight budget, and there are other good concerts i could go to).
I wouldnt really doubt the lead singer. I saw STYX w/out dennis deyoung (lead singer) and then i saw deyoung solo and the deyoung show was waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
see it, ive seen that line up 3 times. the last 2 albums were alright, i didn't think much of the one before that. but the first one they did with Steve Morse is immaculate, if you get a chance get Purpendicular, i love it.

Steve Morse is an amazing guitarish, he's not blackmore.. and i mean that in the way that they have different styles. but Steve is amazing. I went to one of his guitar clinics, he did what is one of the coolest things ive ever seen... the only way to describe it was... he was talking to the audience and as he was he ripped through a scale at lightning speed going through 6 positions up the neck without looking or changing pace of what he was saing... with one hand. you wont regret

Don Airey is very very good. might not be quite as good as John lord in creativity, but he can play everything John has on the album and his solo performance is great, ranging from classical pieces to kick ass rock songs.

if i were you i wouldn't miss it.
Quote by iggybatero
Suppose you've all heard of it, but that's not the point.
I live in Uruguay, and i suppose seing such a great band like Deep Purple could be considered as a lifetime opportunity for anyone with some taste for music who lives in this sh itty country. However, it's not REALLY Deep Purple, it's Ian Gillan (ok), Ian Paice (ok), Roger Glover (ok i guess), and this two guys i've never heard of before, don airey and steve morse.
I mean, they're probably very good, but it's still not Deep Purple, so i was just interested in your opinion on wether i should go or not (considering i'm on a tight budget, and there are other good concerts i could go to).

Ok????! The three members you described as 'ok' were all part of the classic Deep Purple line up, and are thus legends in their own right. True some prefer Coverdale to Gillan (I don't) and it would be nice to have the amazing Glenn Hughes there, not to mention a certain reclusive guitarist... but the line up today is still brilliant! Steve Morse is recognised as one of the best guitarists in his genre worldwide, and Don Airey is, as was said, no Jon Lord, but another great replacement. See them!
Itd be weird without Blackmore...but I think it might be worth seeing.

EDIT: O and Lord isnt there which sucks.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Quote by Eladamri
Steve Morse. Do your homework.

Agreed
I would go simply for Steve Morse. The guys got loads of talent and uses it VERY well.
And Steve Morse has no genre. He seems to be equally at home with any style.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Sep 25, 2006,
Quote by CodeMonk
Agreed
I would go simply for Steve Morse. The guys got loads of talent and uses it VERY well.
And Steve Morse has no genre. He seems to be equally at home with any style.

more to add about Steve Morse he was voted best overall guitarist worldwide for 5 years straight. thats best guitarist in any genre, if your not familiar that alone should be impressive.
Go get your face blown off by steve morse, then thank him.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
STEVE MORSE IS THE BEST ! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !
I could see deep purple in "rapture of the deep tour" sunday !
Ohh Yeahh !