hey yall, i was wondering if locking tuners were made for bass? i know theyre made for guitar, since both my guitars have them, but are locking tuners made for bass?
There are Sperzel locking bass tuners... but IMO if you go with a good enough pair of bass tuners, somethign with a high ratio, like 28:1, it's better than a locker.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
There are Sperzel locking bass tuners... but IMO if you go with a good enough pair of bass tuners, somethign with a high ratio, like 28:1, it's better than a locker.

explain this ratio to me please MUTA. im very curious.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Yes, it's Turns:One full going of the wheel. Most fenders are like, 10:1 (ten turns = 1 full string rap around), most good tuners are 21:1 or higher.

And locking tuners like on Guitar I'd not imagine are possible, they'd have to be insanely powerful to cut the bass strings and hold them in place.

Sperzel locking tuners: http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bass_tunerssperzel.htm
haha
i've once seen tuners that are 40:1, when i find the link i'll edit this and put it in.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I dont see a need for locking tuners on a bass.......just my opinion.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by roast
I dont see a need for locking tuners on a bass.......just my opinion.

Explain why not?
Bass Guitars:
Warwick - Corvette $$
Gibson Thunderbird IV
Tanglewood - Warrior II
Stagg - Semi Acoustic Bass

Amp:
Behringer BX3000T Head
Behringer BB115 Cabinet
Quote by Your41Plague12
i've once seen tuners that are 40:1, when i find the link i'll edit this and put it in.

Steinberger tuners, they're on a lot of mags.
haha