I'd like to know what this new song's key is, por favor. The following are the chord progressions....

Verse: A(maj)-G-C-E(maj)
A(maj)-G-C--D

Chorus: G - C - G - D
G - C - G- E(maj)

and it just used some of the same chords for the bridge so i won't bother giving away my whole song. Is it just A maj ? idk much about keys so help me out if u would. thanks.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
First of all, you say A(maj), then G, C E(maj).

Can you clarify if the G and C are major or minor.

Also, if it WAS in A major, there would be no G major. For there is a G# in the key of A, and to be correct, you'd have to use G# diminished. There is also a C# minor in the key of A.
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

Id say G major, and you went slightly out of key for the E major for a fuller sound also the A major
- tommy
so if the first not you play in the intro is an A not Am, then you cant play a G?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3mBGODdzzVw

Quote by fenderfreak101

And by "Talk to girls," I mean "There once was this tootally cool girl on Xbox Live and we chatted about what level Wizardgammot we are in D & D"
Verse: A(maj)-G-C-E(maj)-A(maj) --> this is clearly in A

G-C-D ---> with the introduction of the D chord and its transition into a G chord
(V-I progression), modulation occurs from here on: the new key being G

Chorus: G - C - G - D
G - C - G- E(maj) --> by using an A chord after the Emajor (thus a V-I again) you
would sort of go back to the key of A.

I'm no expert, but what I hear is that your song is "dancing" between the two keys: A and G.
^ thats what it looks like to me, assuming all the chords are major i'd say its modulating back and forth between A&G
okay. thanks. that's why i was asking. i know it sounds good so it's not out of key and all weird, etc. but i was confused by it. so it dances between A and G ? btw, the G and C chords are normal - major? lol - so...(someone asked, so...). Thanks for the help. Anyone got suggestions for the bridge? lol.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Chorus is deadset In G and last chord Emaj returns it to A again which is cool.

Try playing an A7 barre chord instead of A(Maj) it resolves better to G barre chord, just a suggestion.
- Satch is awsome -
Last edited by ]InYourHonour[ at Sep 28, 2006,
^ because A7 is an A with an added G note isnt it?

I learned that while playing Isnt It a Pity by Harrison on piano and noticing that all the chords have a G note in (G A7 C G) giving it that G drone.
Exactly, its a dominant 7th chord (major chord with a flat7th) which is very popular in contempory pop music and bands like the beatles.
- Satch is awsome -