Prefer Australian Responders only Do you pricing reasons

Im thinking of getting a HSH Washburn guitar that needs to be better than the Ibanez GRG170DX, Yamaha RGX121S and RGX121Z.
Im looking to spend around (preferably less than) $400AUD (ie; $300 USD max) 2nd Hand (in immaculate or near perfect condition)

If these the following guitars are better or out of the price range could you please tell us:

Washburn BT 6
Washburn KC-44V
Washburn KC-630
Washburn Lyon DS
Washburn MG 340
Washburn MG-24
Washburn MG-34
Washburn MG-44
Washburn MG-94
Washburn WG-208
Washburn WG-228
Washburn WG-248
Washburn WG-580

Based on the reviews at Harmony Central the following are better than (or equal to) the GRG170DX (Do you think its correct?):

Washburn BT 6
Washburn G-IV
Washburn KC-630
Washburn Lyon DS
Washburn MG 340
Washburn MG-24
Washburn MG-94
Washburn WG-228
Washburn WG-587V

Based on the reviews at Ultimate Guitar the following are better than (or equal to) the GRG170DX (Do you think its correct?):

Washburn WG-228
Last edited by AustBeginnerAxe at Sep 26, 2006,
I have seen the follwoing for sale:

Washburn Mercury designed $425

Are they better than a Yamaha Pacifica 112 or Ibanez GRG170DX, Yamaha RGX121S and RGX121Z?
dude can you try cram all questions that are similar into one giant thread it should make life a lot easier. and btw this is way too hard you gotta be specific with your models do some research find out which is in your budget which one you think looks tacky which one has ****ter woods which one is crappier than the yamaha/ibanez models. and then choose your final 5/6 go to a shop that has them and try them out and try not to be persuaded by any shop salesmen
Quote by azn_guitarist25
btw this is way too hard you gotta be specific with your models do some research find out which is in your budget which one you think looks tacky which one has ****ter woods which one is crappier than the yamaha/ibanez models. and then choose your final 5/6 go to a shop that has them and try them out and try not to be persuaded by any shop salesmen

How would I be able to determine these things but?
I have established that Agathis<Basswood (As far as I know) and Mahogony is better than both, but what is in between these?
Also how do I determine between the same wood types?
mahogany and basswood are personal choice but still imo both pwn the living daylights out of agathis. and to determine you do a bit of internet searching it wont bite
Quote by azn_guitarist25
mahogany and basswood are personal choice but still imo both pwn the living daylights out of agathis. and to determine you do a bit of internet searching it wont bite

Sweet, what would I loof for specifically on the internet?
Quote by AustBeginnerAxe
Sweet, what would I loof for specifically on the internet?

search up guitar shop in australian yahoo and google it should come up with a huge list also look out on guitar manufacturer's websites they usually have a distributor list of all countries and one of them should be australians distributor
Quote by azn_guitarist25
search up guitar shop in australian yahoo and google it should come up with a huge list also look out on guitar manufacturer's websites they usually have a distributor list of all countries and one of them should be australians distributor

Oh your meaning in looks wise, so what about electronics or other quality issues
Quote by AustBeginnerAxe
Oh your meaning in looks wise, so what about electronics or other quality issues

thats a bit hard you gotta search for reviews of the guitars. looking on harmony-central.com would be your first place to look
Quote by azn_guitarist25
thats a bit hard you gotta search for reviews of the guitars. looking on harmony-central.com would be your first place to look

Thanks mate, Ill narrow down the lists now (will take me some time however) to what I like the look of