I own a Squier mexican strat (yeah I know it's pretty basic). The big problem with this guitar is the pickups. So I can change them, or buy a brand new guitar. I was thinking about a strat. I know this would cost much more than just change the pickups. I would like to know what pickups I shuld put on my guitar and evaluate the prices between a new guitar and the pickups and make myself an idea.
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Well what do you play?
And what quality do you belive the wood is?
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I play blues and mostly classic rock like led zep
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
You could get some Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots but they run about $200, If I were you Id save for Deluxe MIM strat.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
^yes definately get a mexican strat, then worry about your pickups, like some texas specials
I actually have a mexican strat that i'm modding. Dude it's made out of the cheapest parts. Changing pickups sounds cool and all, but i discovered that it's plywood under the paint. This is just my type of mexican strat. Talk about a bummer. I'll probably mod it and try to sell it to a newb.
Anyways, about the pickups, if you ever plan on permanently updating ur sound and not just making it subtly better, just save up; it's worth it. You will not be disapointed. Just save up ur candy money and empty ur piggy bank. I got me a les paul used, for a comparitively cheap and it plays like a dream.
Quote by iHeart_LesPauls
I actually have a mexican strat that i'm modding. ... but i discovered that it's plywood under the paint. This is just my type of mexican strat. Talk about a bummer.

Wait, what?
MIM fenders are Alder... i'm fairly sure

i know mine is
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
My 06' MIM is 2 peice Alder.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3