I was looking on ebay and found some used laney heads for real cheap. Anyone here use them?. I know a couple of my favorite bands use them so I was thinking of getting one(i play mostly deathmetal/grindcore/post hardcore type stuff)
the LV series amps are awesome. paul gilbert and the guys from dragonforce use them
Gear:
Epiphone Explorer
Mayones Bell 2
Boss DD-3
Boss DS-1
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop GCB-95
Laney Hardcore Mxd 30
Quote by Uncle Wolfgang
the LV series amps are awesome. paul gilbert and the guys from dragonforce use them

I'd actually love to know about laneys in general as well.......

The GH50L and the TT50's are really cheap for all tube heads, especially the GH50L.

Well Opeth use the GH100L and I think it sounds pretty sweet.

I play a lot of death and stuff as well, and I dont have a very large budget - I'm hoping they'd be the way to go, but I havent been able to try any out...... Thats the problem with ebay......

Well they are a respected brand so you'd have no worries in that department, but you'd really have to try them out....... I find that a lot of tube amps lack that "tight punch" you get from SS amps when you palm mute, so I'd hate to buy one with really weak ass distortion - so I'd suggest do your best to TRY IT OUT FIRST!

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Ive got a GH100L and I absolutley love it other than the fact that its single channel. The only way I can get clean, and not even totally clean, is switching off the gain and turning the vol down on my guitar. That, in my opinon, is the only flaw to that amp.