So I had to stop at a pawn shop today real quick..

And while my friend was walking around, I noticed this nice dark red SG sitting in a stand.

I looked at it... no name on the headstock. So I flipped it over, inspected it and what not.

Here's the situation:
It has a gibson metal plate on the back, where the strap goes on SGs. It has ESP tuners. It says "Signature Series" on the headstock, but has no brand. No serial numbers anywhere, covered matching HBs, two vol two tone, neck binding, trapezoid inlays, pickguard.

It's 125 dollars, and plays way better than my Epi SG. What's the deal with this guitar? Is it a no name brand? Self done project? Gibson? Other brand with the tuners replaced?

Any help would be appreciated.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

for that price, just buy it. oh and make sure u check the wiring and such by playing it through some type of amp.
rawwwwwwwwwwww
Sometimes no-name brands can be just as good, look at Tom Morello's arm of the homeless guitar. For that price I'd pick it up.
if you like the sound and feel of it then go for it, i dont see why not, especially if you like it better than the one you have, pretty good price. dont forget a good guitar wont make the player good and a good player can make a bad guitar sound good, dosnt matter what brand it is, as long as you can play it and make it sound good, then the brand dosnt matter, its just something to help you sleep a little better at night knowing you spent the extra cash to get a name brand guitar is all

-b@man
Quote by Sick_Boy
Sometimes no-name brands can be just as good, look at Tom Morello's arm of the homeless guitar. For that price I'd pick it up.

I coulda swore that was an Ibanez...

And about the sg. I think its a Baldwin. There a subcompany of gibson (sorta like epi) im actually not sure what the dif is. But all the baltwinds ive seen say signature series on em. Go 2 gibsons homepage and see if theres a link somewhere that says baldwin and see if u can find it from there.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Sep 26, 2006,
Quote by soul_power
I coulda swore that was an Ibanez...

It could have been, I assumed it was a no name because I can't find the brand name on the head stock, but I know he bought some cheap Goya Rangemaster knockoff at a Canadian pawnshop, I just assumed it was that guitar.
Quote by Sick_Boy
It could have been, I assumed it was a no name because I can't find the brand name on the head stock, but I know he bought some cheap Goya Rangemaster knockoff at a Canadian pawnshop, I just assumed it was that guitar.

either way, sweet guitar
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
they sell those at best buy for 80$!!! dont buy it!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Tom Morellos guitar is a cheap knock off body with a "Kramer" kneck.

And if you like it, buy it who cares about brand names.. as long as its not Squier or Stagg id be happy.
^It's worse!

It's a Gibson "Signature" in other words, the worst possible guitar a company has built, and then added the Gibson name on it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah that's a bit of a no-brainer
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!