hey guys, long time lurker here and just now decided to start posting

i'm in the market to get a new guitar and amp, and ive got my choices narrowed down to a couple, but can't really decide- the amp im pretty set on, but the guitar is proving to be a hassle deciding which one to get

i play harder forms of punk and hardcore, melodic (comeback kid or earlier rise against and propagandhi) as well as metalcore (as i lay dying and all that remains type stuff) but thing is, i don't like strat-style bodies (or bolt-on necks, even though a well built bolt on is on par or better than a set neck). i also would like to have a trem, and 24 frets if possible, but it doesnt really matter.

guitars i have narrowed down to these-

JACKSON RR3- not sure about this one because of the lfr as opposed to ofr, and im worried about high fret access with the bolt-on, but sam totman from dragonforce used this guitar, so i dunno

mainly im not sure about if it will get what i want tone-wise, because alder is apparently a bright sounding wood and the jb is a bright sounding p/up

JACKSON DKMG DINKY- im a bit worried the emg's will be too aggressive for me, because i like to play some clean stuff once in a while too. again, bolt on, and also- strat-ish body NO ME GUSTA!!!!!!

IBANEZ ICEMAN IC400- sam totman's new guitar! (i have a slight grudge against ibanez due to a bad experience in me earlier days). my main beef with this guitar is the fact that it has no trem, or 24 frets. also not sure what p/ups i should put in it if i want to switch....how's playability on this one? fast neck?

IBANEZ RGT42- a neck-thru rg, basically. how does this compare to the other three in terms of playability, hows the tremolo arm? this one looks very good feature-wise, but i really don't like the body style (looks too much like a strat)

Amps-

ashdown fallen angel 40- high gain at a budget price, or so i've been told. not sure if tone-wise it's too bassy or anything

randall rg50tc- feature wise is very good, but i hear the distortion isnt that great so i might get an od pedal or something

i'm going to guitar center sometime next week to try these out, i just want a pre-idea of what to expect.

thanks people, i know this is a bit of a long post
ashdown fallen angel. and guitar im not too sure how much those guitars cost but also check out an Ibanez RG1570 Prestige and there is no need to worry about the bolt on neck its actually pretty good and easy to use
yeah, i heard the s470 is pretty **** yeah

but still....strat-eque, not too big of a fan of it...but other than that i hear its amazing

im seriously considering either the s470 or rr3

also maybe the iceman
Pretty soon you'll learn not to bump threads. You should probably not do that in the future. Anyway, as far as amp goes, I've heard Roland Cube models have a nice high gain sound, and lots of features for cheaps.
the cubes are great. i just got mine and i play alot of what you play. tons of hardcore punk. misfits pistols propaghandi black flag etc. then hardcore metalcore trivium as i lay dying he is legend agony scene stuff like that then it has some super clean sounds
Whos space?

Counter strike source = ddextromethorphan

add me
Quote by azn_guitarist25
ashdown fallen angel. and guitar im not too sure how much those guitars cost but also check out an Ibanez RG1570 Prestige and there is no need to worry about the bolt on neck its actually pretty good and easy to use

Yeah, what he said, trust me its a good idea.
ive been considering the s470 models now....feature wise they look very appealing, but actually look pretty boring to me....and with the wierd squigly inlays too, looks odd overall

also now seriously considering the rgt's....i'm worried about the trem. im not very experienced with how to judge a trem, so if i go to gc chances are ill have no idea how to tell if its a good one or bad one.....so hows the edge pro ii trem? anybody?
Quote by aequitasveritas
ive been considering the s470 models now....feature wise they look very appealing, but actually look pretty boring to me....and with the wierd squigly inlays too, looks odd overall

also now seriously considering the rgt's....i'm worried about the trem. im not very experienced with how to judge a trem, so if i go to gc chances are ill have no idea how to tell if its a good one or bad one.....so hows the edge pro ii trem? anybody?

easy one word answer : bad
kk just wanted to confirm that....is it possible i could swap out the trem for something better? or do ibanez's not do that?

options now- RGT42's (probably fixed bridge one)
S470DXQM
JACKSON RR3
Ok, i went through your "Its simalar to a strat, thats bad" when if you try and S series you'll see how its nothing simarlar, plus you'll soon find out looks isnt everything, once i totally hated strats and anything to do with them, now i think they are the best guitars (for versatility and blues) you can get, but yeah the S470(DXQM) is a great choice