Page 1 of 2
Holy hell. Is his guitar even tunned?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by favian
f*** what you heard. you're simply lying to yourself if you refuse to acknowledge the man's abilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwob8RXcix8

He's 10X worse than I imagined... Can't play, the guitar isn't tuned, and that tone is utter s hit.

And I usually always give people credit... always give artists that I even dislike a chance... but he's lost it-- I'm sorry.
Its not the worst thing ive ever heard...not the best, but deffinantly not the worst...
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
it wasn't bad, but it was nothing special... anybody heard Audioslave do 7 nation army? it's kick ass
not brilliant, but definitely good.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
lmfao @ the comments so far. oh its so fashionable to go against the grain. stfu children.
surprise surprise angry 'metal lover' wasnt feeling this.

audioslave & perfect circle's white stripes covers are pretty bad and i'm a huge maynard and rage fan. to each his own, it seems like people like the songs as long as their not being played by them.. which implies there is more of a personal beef going on there.
Quote by favian
lmfao @ the comments so far. oh its so fashionable to go against the grain. stfu children.
surprise surprise angry 'metal lover' wasnt feeling this.

Get off it. Arrogent ****
Quote by King ofKumbucha
How can you think that was good??? his bends were all out of tune.

oh the timeless argument about how its not good because it didnt fit the criteria you wanted.

bravo.
Quote by favian
oh the timeless argument about how its not good because it didnt fit the criteria you wanted.

bravo.

Whatever dude.
It was sloppy, I wont be back in this thread cuz I just realized its in the gay rock forum...I shouldve known most of you would be tone deaf.

There, now I am just as much of an asshole as my detractors. Good day.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
How can you think that was good??? his bends were all out of tune.

i don't know i just liked it. i don't have good ears, and even i noticed it was out of tune in parts, but it was still a good solo. would you want people to **** all over your metal music because of all the dissonance? i can still see good things in it.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
exactly, these people are too hard headed enough to appreciate anything that is beyond the scope of anything they already enjoy.
too bad.

dont get mad because its not metal.
its not supposed to be metal.
Last edited by favian at Sep 26, 2006,
who cares if all his mistakes were that blatant, i liked it
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
IMO, it wasn't anything amazing, especially when the rest of the band stopped playing for that little bit. His bends are pretty painful. The little part I suppose you can call the outro wasn't very...impressive either.

It wasn't terrible though, I like his style. I just think he needs to tune the guitar a little more and bend a little cleaner.
I hate Rolling Stone.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
wow. that was absolutely awful. favian, you said it was brilliant; have you ever heard a guitar being played before? what pisses me off the most was that he was obviously going for some kind of Page-esque solo, but good god did he fail!

how can anyone say that was good when it was out of tune, out of key, out of place.....??
please, tell me what was so good about it, coz all you've done so far is badmouth the people who pointed out its flaws, and set up a personal vendetta against metal and metalheads everywhere.

this is just Kurt Cobain all over again. you've put White on such a pedestal that you can't accept it when someone points out his flaws. grow up.

EDIT: i wouldnt mind this all so much if this site wasn't called Ultimate GUITAR. anyone who's ever touched a guitar should cringe at that playing. at least if it was just a non-musical person listening to it they might like the overall gist of it, but as a guitarist i'm ****in offended.
Last edited by Alucard II at Sep 26, 2006,
That video was so bad, I actually flagged it as inapropriate to youtube administration.

Can I have my hearing back now?

Oh, and ANY guitarist who uses that much whammy/octave effect in his setup needs to not play leads, ok?
I actually really like some of the white stripes stuff but that really was bad. Like "I can tell we're gonna be Friends." I love that song so much. For those of you who don't know the song by name, it's the intro song in Napolean Dynamite.
Last edited by hamett91 at Sep 26, 2006,
hes not a terrible guitarist but hes not anything special. and i love the white stripes
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I wouldn't say it was horrible just a some flaws and it was kinda out of tune thats it.
Quote by favian
f*** what you heard. you're simply lying to yourself if you refuse to acknowledge the man's abilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwob8RXcix8

Oh my God.

That sounded like something somebody would record and then play on
a tape player on thier porch to keep the birds away and from ****ting
everywhere.Sorry, but it was bad.

And don't talk to me about opinion. I listen to (as well as play) classical,
blues, jazz, rock, classic rock, and metal. I know what good can sound
like in almost all it's forms, and let me tell you, this is not one of them.

Sorry, but no.
All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage
Quote by favian
exactly, these people are too hard headed enough to appreciate anything that is beyond the scope of anything they already enjoy.
too bad.

dont get mad because its not metal.
its not supposed to be metal.

Ever heard of Mr. Bungle? One of my favorite bands... definitely not metal and definitely a trillion times better than this piece of **** wankfest.

Quote by Conky420
who cares if all his mistakes were that blatant, i liked it

That one was pretty pathetic lol
Quote by SonicMessiah
That video was so bad, I actually flagged it as inapropriate to youtube administration.

Oh, and ANY guitarist who uses that much whammy/octave effect in his setup needs to not play leads, ok?

*ahem* tom morello?

however, i dont agree with the overuse of the harmonizing effect that jack seems to like

and that solo was pretty awful
Quote by SonicMessiah

inappropiate? now you're just being spiteful child. smug moron.

i'm sure your stupid 'flagging' will go right over your heads since it doesnt fit the criteria for inappropiate admission.

fukin idiot
I like Jack White. This solo is something I do not like. The squeals bury into your skull until you want him to stop. And that's within the first 10 seconds.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
My problem with Jack White is he insists on playing that ****heap of a guitar he's had for years. He admits it can't stay tuned for ****, it was probably bought in a bargain basement (or worse), and looks ugly assed, but he still plays it!

He could at least go and buy half a dozen of 'em so he can swap one each time he plays a song, so his tech can tune it.

Or, y'know, buy one that keeps in tune. You can pick up a stable guitar for a couple hundred bucks. He's sold thousands of albums, I'm sure he has room in his budget.

Aside from that, I like his style, even if that solo was awful.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
My problem with Jack White is he insists on playing that ****heap of a guitar he's had for years. He admits it can't stay tuned for ****, it was probably bought in a bargain basement (or worse), and looks ugly assed, but he still plays it!

He could at least go and buy half a dozen of 'em so he can swap one each time he plays a song, so his tech can tune it.

Or, y'know, buy one that keeps in tune. You can pick up a stable guitar for a couple hundred bucks. He's sold thousands of albums, I'm sure he has room in his budget.

Aside from that, I like his style, even if that solo was awful.

That wasn't his usual guitar he was using. I believe it was some form of Gretsch he was using in that video...
Terms and Conditions apply.
kinda liked it actually...sounded foreign, unique.

exactly, and when it comes down to it, why argue? noone here is going to change their minds, so whats the point?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
exactly, and when it comes down to it, why argue? noone here is going to change their minds, so whats the point?

Mainly? Because its so fun.
Page 1 of 2