i been trying to get good at alternate picking but it seems impossible i think it has to do with my posture or it could be my picking technique or the way i hold the pick while playing but im not sure which one is it

with my accoustic im able to play faster than my eletric guitar because the body is a little bigger so im able to anchor my hand on the body of the guitar but with my eletric feels weird because the body is smaller and i have no idea like where to put my hand or grab a hold or something to have speed and accuracy

i dont know if that's the right way of alternate picking

also i dont know if i should use my wrist or my hand when i tremolo pick i have read from many websites and they said different things like one says you should use wrist while other says you should use whole hand to have more speed

another thing that confuses me is if i should anchor my hand on the bridge of the guitar while one alternate picks

to me it seems impossible to use the wrist when one tremolo picks so i try to use more my hand

i can alternate pick really fast if i go into a rage picking and it last like 10 secs while im doing that im so concetrate on my right hand nad putting a lot of eefort i can barely think what my left hand is doing and after that is really hard to do it again

what im trying to learn is eruption fast picking part

trem pick

e-12--14--10--12--9--10--7--9--5--7--3--5--1--1h3p1p0-------------
b-----------------------------------------------------5p3p1p0-----
g-------------------------------------------------------------5---
d-----------------------------------------------------------------
a-----------------------------------------------------------------
e-----------------------------------------------------------------

this is my eletric:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-JH600-Electric-Guitar?sku=512027

this is my accoustic:http://images.misupply.com/products/original/Ibanez/33828.jpg
Start off slowly and make sure you're playing with a metronome. When you can play the lick flawlessly increase the speed of the metronome. Continue to do this gradually and by the time you are up to full speed you should be able to play it without even thinking.

I always use my wrist for tremolo picking and find it easier using quite thin picks. Again start off slowly and work on developing accuracy rather then speed. Once you have improved on your accuracy, speed will come naturally.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
i would recommend learning and practising a simple pattern like this and building up to fast speeds.

e--1234--
B--1234--
G--1234--
D--1234--
A--1234--
E--1234--

practise this at a very slow speed i.e 40bpm all the way up the neck and only when you have got it perfect increase the speed of the metronome.. do this every day and you should notice huge improvements. Even though this seems boring, it will help!

p.s try to keep your fingers as close to the strings as possible
Remember to hold your pick at an angle to the string, say a 45 degree angle. That can help to increase speed while tremelo picking.
ಥ_ಥ
Remember to hold your pick at an angle to the string, say a 45 degree angle. That can help to increase speed while tremelo picking.

i tried adapting that technique too but the pick feels unstable when you pick really fast and is harder to hit the string

e--1234--
B--1234--
G--1234--
D--1234--
A--1234--
E--1234--

i did that exercise for awhile at the beginning as a beginner i leaped in speed by alot but now if i do that exercise is like impossible to reach more speed

that's why im wondering if theres something i could do to improve my technique
Based on what you've said I'd guess: whatever technique it is that you're currently
using is puitting a limit on how fast you can play (you won't get much faster if you
stay with it) and/or the faster you try and play, the more you tense up.

It's most likely you'll have to make some pretty big changes in how you pick if
you want to break through your barrier. Some of those changes will likely feel
very uncomfortable at first, but it's pretty necessary stuff to learn if you want to
be able to pick fast and be in control.

I would advise you to pick up "Guitar Principles" which has the basic picking
exercises to work on and how to work on them. If you put the effort in there,
your picking WILL get better.
no point in trying to alternate pick rapidly if you cant do it slowly, start really slowly, work your way up
sorry i took so long to answer been doing alot of schoolwork

no point in trying to alternate pick rapidly if you cant do it slowly, start really slowly, work your way up

i can alternate pick pretty good at slows speeds but what im saying is if try to speed up i cant go any faster

is basically what he said

Based on what you've said I'd guess: whatever technique it is that you're currently
using is puitting a limit on how fast you can play (you won't get much faster if you
stay with it) and/or the faster you try and play, the more you tense up.

It's most likely you'll have to make some pretty big changes in how you pick if
you want to break through your barrier. Some of those changes will likely feel
very uncomfortable at first, but it's pretty necessary stuff to learn if you want to
be able to pick fast and be in control.

I would advise you to pick up "Guitar Principles" which has the basic picking
exercises to work on and how to work on them. If you put the effort in there,
your picking WILL get better.

i will try and check guitar principles could you guys recommend anything else?

i been trying to change my technique like the angle i pick but if i try that feels really akward and have no speed whatsoever

and for doing slowly that's what been bothering me if i try to relax the pick feels very unstable is like i got no control over it

but anyways i check that guitar principles stuff

thanks for help guys