i want to experiment with weird tunings, like sikth G#G#C#F#A#D#, or open D, etc, but im afraid this might cause my neck to warp or something. could it? should i avoid weird tunings?
Quote by seltzer
i want to experiment with weird tunings, like sikth G#G#C#F#A#D#, or open D, etc, but im afraid this might cause my neck to warp or something. could it? should i avoid weird tunings?

Yea, I was wondering the same thing. I have a bolt on with a double locking trem, and I am in two steps down from standard now... any harm being done?
No harm being done people, your neck will be just fine. It's moreso the strings you should worry about when you have low tunings. For something like B or lower, you should up the thickness(=buy new thicker strings) of the strings. You can try out what you want, the only thing you COULD potentially damage would be the strings;-)
yeah you dont risk any kneck damage unless you try to tune up really high, but even then its highly likely that the strings will snap before the neck becomes damages.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm