I'm looking to upgrade my guitar, and i want something that's not too expensive, for under NZ$800, that's around US$540, that will have a nice clean sound. I play rock, metal, stuff like that. Led Zeppelin, My Chemical Romance, System Of A Down, alot of Metallica, some Arctic Monkeys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, that kinda stuff so i want a nice guitar that will play those styles nicely in my price range. havn't really looked at much yet, so any suggestions will be great.

cheers
howz about a standard strat, or a 2nd hand japanese strat?\

edit: oops didnt see all the stuff bout metallica. Standard epi les paul then?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
hmmm i think new zealand is pretty close to the aussie dollar so yeh but you could only just get an LTD 50 series guitar with that much money.
Maybe an epiphone les paul standard plain top
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Quote by supaman_63
I'm looking to upgrade my guitar, and i want something that's not too expensive, for under NZ$800, that's around US$540, that will have a nice clean sound. I play rock, metal, stuff like that. Led Zeppelin, My Chemical Romance, System Of A Down, alot of Metallica, some Arctic Monkeys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, that kinda stuff so i want a nice guitar that will play those styles nicely in my price range. havn't really looked at much yet, so any suggestions will be great.

cheers

whats wrong with crowded house, or the mutton Birds???

NZ music (and the country in general) PWNS!

fat strat?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
nothings wrong with them, they're just not exactly my style. i was thinking about an epiphone les paul vintage sunburst, or maybe a J&D SG or les paul type thing. are J&D guitars any good? it's the first time i've come across them.

cheers
Or you could save about $10 and get like a P.R.S single or double cut S.E. Nice guitars, i would say there definatly my fav in that price range but right now im savin up a little more 2 get the satriani signature.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I like E.S.P, but some of their lower-end models, seem kinda crappy. I would go with a Schecter. Def.
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
Schecter if he could afford it the best you could go TS is anything that is cheaper than a Mexi Strat which isnt that great but alright