Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there who can tell me if it's possible, and how to remove a scratchplate from an acoustic guitar?

I have fallen for a black guitar, but the scratch plate kinda spoils it. It's got a gloss finish, so I'm hoping this makes it easier. Any clues?

Ta.
i recomend not to do it !!!u will ruin the top if u do . take it to a professional luthier if u must.
I asked the same question before. Chord told me to cover the guitar in cardboard except for the pickguard and blow on it with a blowdryer on the lowest setting. once it heats up the glue just peel it off. I haven't done it yet because I've been jumping from guitar to guitar but I don't imagine it would harm the guitar at all if you're carefull and do it right.
^ It can be done...but be careful, becuase who knows what the finish underneath will look like.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by octavian
I asked the same question before. Chord told me to cover the guitar in cardboard except for the pickguard and blow on it with a blowdryer on the lowest setting. once it heats up the glue just peel it off. I haven't done it yet because I've been jumping from guitar to guitar but I don't imagine it would harm the guitar at all if you're carefull and do it right.

That's how I do this usually. The sticky glue residue that remains on the guitar can be removed with a soft cloth and a little vegetable oil. After this you can remove the oil with dish cleaner.
However; so far I never did a painted guitar. The transparent laquer guitars I did showed a considerable lack of discoulouring underneath the pick guards, so I had to fit new ones to cover this up. Sunlight evidently changes the colour of wood, but I don't know how much black paint is affected.
Pry it off.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure about this situation. If it's a really nice guitar, definitely take it to a shop for this. If not, then use some of the previous recommendations.

Also, maybe you want to ask in the gear building and customizing thread if you aren't so sure about the answers here.
mine was just stuck on. i peeled it off and used alcohol (make sure it is safe on your finish, probably is, mine is gloss) to take of the residue. dont leave the alcohol on too long, might cloud the finish.
what