anybody have suggestions on what would be the best pickups to buy?

i own an epiphone sg and i play pretty much only emo and metal. predominantly metal.
im not looking to spend crazy, somewhere between £150-£300.

thanks.

edit.

ok, what amp to get instead? price range £700-£800.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I used to hate chavs until my sister got a smack in the mouth from one. Now I love them.
Last edited by x X t o c z. at Sep 26, 2006,
EMG would be best but they be a bitch to install.

if you don't want that hassle, get DiMarzio's
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
Off the top of my head you probably like
A7X, BFMV, Trivium, Metallica and Iron Maiden
so definately EMGs or some other high gain pick-up (If you have SCs on you guitar then get rails for it if you arent using EMGs)
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Off the top of my head you probably like
A7X, BFMV, Trivium, Metallica and Iron Maiden
so definately EMGs or some other high gain pick-up (If you have SCs on you guitar then get rails for it if you arent using EMGs)

3 of 5

i own a piss poor eleca 15 watt starter training amp that i got with my first guitar.that was a year and 7 months ago. but i am looking at spending around £500 on an amp somewhere around spring next year. that will merit its own thread nearer the time. lol.

the rest of my set up is a digitech rp50 and a boss turbo distortion ds2 pedal, if that helps.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I used to hate chavs until my sister got a smack in the mouth from one. Now I love them.
Quote by x X t o c z.
3 of 5

i own a piss poor eleca 15 watt starter training amp that i got with my first guitar.that was a year and 7 months ago. but i am looking at spending around £500 on an amp somewhere around spring next year. that will merit its own thread nearer the time. lol.

the rest of my set up is a digitech rp50 and a boss turbo distortion ds2 pedal, if that helps.

Use your pickup money and your amp money to buy an amp. Seriously there are some really good amps you can get with that kinda money. Not to mention that amps produce 85% of your sound basically.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by x X t o c z.
3 of 5

I would seriously consider getting the amp first, it will make a very imediate difference to your tone and sound quality.

Get the new guitar next spring.
*heeds advice* ok guys, thanks.

any tips on the amp?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

ummm most likely a tube amp (not from the fender series theyre imo too blues based) or a roland cube amp
i got a mesa dual rectifier off ebay not too long ago and it destroys people. if you can find a good used one and afford it, definately go for it