Is it possible to wire a DPDT switch for coil tapping PLUS as a killswitch?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Wouldn't it be kind of pointless to have them using the same switch, when you select the coil tap the killswitch would be activated at the same time.

Unless i'm completly missing the question.
When the switch is in the middle, nothing. When the switch is up, you get coil-tap. When the switch is down, you get a killswitch.
Can DPDT switches work like this?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
dont think so... isnt a DPDT just for on/off
Got bored left. Got bored where I went away to. Came back.
Last edited by eat and play at Sep 26, 2006,
Quote by eat and play
dont think so... isnt a DPDT just for on/off

SPDT is on/off, DPDT is on/on - which could also mean effect-on/clean-signal-on depending on how you wire it.
Marty
SO many n00bs.

You need an on/off/on DPDT. What kinda guitar? And pickup brand? Do you want it to split more than one 'bucker?
These go to eleven...
^^Electronically, me included. I have a single humbucker that I want to split. The guitar has one vol, one tone and a DPDT switch. Nothing has been wired yet as I'm still waiting on the pots to come in.
Basically, you just have to ground the middle terminal. Take a wire from the top terminal to the middle of the volume (the same terminal that the wire from the jack goes to). and take the pickup's splitting wires to the bottom terminal.

Up - Coil Split
Middle - Nothing
Down - Dead
These go to eleven...
Awesome. Just what I wanted