As my first guitar, down the road in a few months and I decide to get new pickups and maybe try out to learn about the FLoyd Rose system, would it be wise to upgrade the guitar?

- Or would it be just better to save up the extra few hundred bucks and buy a better guitar ?

- Perhaps maybe forget about the upgrades or the new guitar but instead buy a new amp twice the price of my first one (roland cube 30...perhaps buy a 60)? But I'm not in a band so that might not matter a lot

- Is it possible to put a floyd rose system on this guitar ?

I've heard lots of good things about EMG's and DiMarzios. The RG321 I ordered is the Mahogany body one.
if you use any drop tuning i wouldnt recomend a Floyd Rose. They just dont mix. You will be tuning ever 3 seconds.
Tradition MTQ Series Electric Guitar
Excel Strat Knock-off
Marshall MG10CD Combo Amp
Behringer V-AMPIRE LX120 Combo Amp
MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive Stompbox
Korg Tonework AX10G Multi-Effects Processor
Danelectro Fab Metal Distortion Pedal
Well, if your plan is to put a floyd in it, they yeah, waste of time. Better to sell it and buy a guitar that already has a floyd. Now, in terms of upgrading it otherwise, it's a good guitar. Yeah, it doesn't have a nice gibralter bridge like the RGA121/321, but it has an excellent mahogony body and a decent neck. Throw in a different set of pickups and you have a really nice guitar.
If I put on some EMG (which EMG's ? Theres like.. .EMG 60, 81's, etc. not sure which difference) will it sound anything close to a pro guitar, or at least like one of those 1000 dollar guitars ?

Assuming if both guitars were played through the same amp ?

If it's possible to change the type of bridge this guitar has, will it make any difference and is it worth it/ or worthless ? Maybe the hard-tail bridge is perfectly fine and i should keep it that way ?
Dont change the bridge, its fine at it is. As for the EMGs, you could get these very common combination:
- EMG 81(B)/85(N)
- EMG 81s
- EMG 81(B)/60(N)

If you want a guitar with Floyd Rose system in it, buy them separately but definetely dont sell your RG321MH just yet. You may need it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Reez
If I put on some EMG (which EMG's ? Theres like.. .EMG 60, 81's, etc. not sure which difference) will it sound anything close to a pro guitar, or at least like one of those 1000 dollar guitars ?

Assuming if both guitars were played through the same amp ?

If it's possible to change the type of bridge this guitar has, will it make any difference and is it worth it/ or worthless ? Maybe the hard-tail bridge is perfectly fine and i should keep it that way ?

Don't fool yourself into thinking that all pro guitars sound great and that if you don't pay a lot of money, it won't sound very good....that's bull. A good player can make a cheap guitar sound like a thousand bucks. The RG321 is a fine guitar. You just aren't paying for high end pickups and a Tremolo. Sure, it's only a two piece neck vs. the 5 piece on the RGA series, etc., but it still plays well. I could do without the plastic binding around the neck.
I had an RG321. Instead of upgrading it, I sold it for a much better guitar. But putting better pickups than the stock ones in there is just fine. You'd like it a lot more if you put EMGs in there, namely 81/85.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
If I can't afford to buy two EMG's at the moment, would it be okay to buy one or will it sound like crap since the other pick up is crap? Will it break my guitar ? Or will it not matter?

Sorry I'm being paranoid...

Also for the first pick up (if I do buy one) which one would you recommend me first, the one by the bridge, or the one by the neck ? Or does it really not matter ?
Quote by Reez
If I can't afford to buy two EMG's at the moment, would it be okay to buy one or will it sound like crap since the other pick up is crap? Will it break my guitar ? Or will it not matter?

Sorry I'm being paranoid...

Also for the first pick up (if I do buy one) which one would you recommend me first, the one by the bridge, or the one by the neck ? Or does it really not matter ?

Just save up and get both, it wont trouble you as much as 1 EMG + passive pickup wiring. Or if you still insist on getting just one, then wire 1 of em only to avoid confusion to your wiring diagram. Neck and bridge is preference.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
What kind of batteries does EMG's use and do I have to open up the guitar to change them ?

BTW I just did some searching on how to change pickups. Oh man wtf it looks more complicated than I thought it would be. I was hoping all I'd have to do was undo the screws and plug in new pickups and done.

I think I'll get a guitar technician to do it.
Quote by Reez
What kind of batteries does EMG's use and do I have to open up the guitar to change them ?

BTW I just did some searching on how to change pickups. Oh man wtf it looks more complicated than I thought it would be. I was hoping all I'd have to do was undo the screws and plug in new pickups and done.

I think I'll get a guitar technician to do it.

Plug it in.........

EMGs uses 9V batteries and it could be cramped inside the electronics cavity, no routing necessary.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
It's a good guitar to begin with, great neck and body as far as I know (I once had a 320FM, I think that's about the same guitar except the floyd rose and flamed top unless I'm mistaken?), so upgrading atleast one of the pickups wouldn't be wasted at all IMHO. Not sure about the Floyd Rose though, might be just a little too much work and a little too costy to be worth it.
On the other hand, I'm not really fond of floyd roses at all (not anymore), so I might not be a very objective source when it comes to that.
Quote by mfergel
Don't fool yourself into thinking that all pro guitars sound great and that if you don't pay a lot of money, it won't sound very good....that's bull. A good player can make a cheap guitar sound like a thousand bucks. The RG321 is a fine guitar. You just aren't paying for high end pickups and a Tremolo. Sure, it's only a two piece neck vs. the 5 piece on the RGA series, etc., but it still plays well. I could do without the plastic binding around the neck.

what you said is absolutely true, yesterday i went to the local shop to get some stuff to fix me gee-tar (my post is still floatin around here somewhere about that) and i saw some guy playin some yngwie on a cheap ass strat copy thru a zoom pedal, he made it sound pretty ****in awesome