how good are the ibanez artcore series?

im looking at this one
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Artcore-Hollowbody-with-out-Tremolo?sku=519781
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
They're alright. I work at a local music shop and we have a bunch of them. They have a thin sound to them. The higher end Custom ones are pretty nice but they cost like $729.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
what do you mean by thin?

does anyone else have experiance with these guitars (tremolo or not, it doesnt matter)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

Probably sounds thin meaning that it doesnt sound full or have any body to the tone like a Hollowbody/semihollowbody should. Various conditions should be asked, though. Pickups, amp being played through...etc.
My DiPinto Bacchus is a semi hollow body and has major balls and is VERY thick sounding.
Id agree with the above, acousticlly they dont sound wonderful, ok but not great. As for experience I have an AK85, you wont find them around anymore, they now have been upgraded to AK86 but personally i prefer mine.

As far as they go, mines fantastic. Looks desirable for a start, mines in dark brown violin sunburst with sharp cutaway (in case you havnt seen it).

Playabilty, factory action was to low and i got alot of fret buzz, however that wasnt a huge issue. Unfortunatly for you the AK model is the only Artcore that comes with an adjustable wooded bridge, all the rest are tune-o-matic, so my problem was quickly sorted by twisting a few screws, but the model your interested in mite pose a problem.

Sound, great, if your looking for a bright pangy fender sound stay away. The Artcore tends to go for a deep jazzy mellow type tone, i personally love. With slight crunch and reverb it will sound awesome, truly classic sound, although dont dump too much gain on it or it WILL feedback like a bitch.

hope this helps
Last edited by goodbydresden at Sep 26, 2006,
Yep, it will feedback under high gain. Like a Mother f'r actually. Slight to moderate crunch...OK. High gain...absolutely not.
It's pretty cool (if you've ever played a hollow or semihollow with alot of distortion) to feel the guitar resonate violently against your body.
so im getting that its sounds deep and mellow, but not quite full acoustically, and it does well with reverb and cruch... what would it sound like with a phase shifter
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

not the best sounding arch tops in the world, not even close, you dbe better off spending a couple hundred more on an epiphone.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It sounds empty and airy...

You can try metal on it though, but I wouldn't bother, it's be great to see someone try, just imagine of Trivium guitarists started playing with them, with those drums at the background, the body is going to vibrate like crazy and feedback like hell, ahh the joy.

Broken Social Scene, the guy plays one