Hey guys,

I'm after some acoustic songs with no vocals to play. I really enjoy listenening to and playing these songs. I'd prefer them to have no bass, vocals or drums, but if they have bass or drums thats fine. But no vocals please!!

I play electric so my acoustic skills aren't the best, but I'm open to try anything - so anything would be apprecitated.

I have a few, but i would like some more. I really like songs that have single notes played throughout the song as opposed to chords - appegio's I believe, but i'm not fussed if you have some good songs with chords.

Thank you all in advance,

Dan

EDIT: Songs like Opeth - Requiem, Iced Earth - Solitude, Insomnium - Resonance, Lord Belial - Forlorn in Silence, Opeth - Benighted and their other acoustic songs.
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Last edited by danastasi at Sep 26, 2006,
Thanks guys,

But nothing too hard thanks

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Classical Gas is probably too obvious an answer

I think a lot of "classical" stuff for guitar could suit your needs.

And there are lots of solo guitar arrangements of popular songs (I mean, the vocal melody of the songs is included in what you play on the guitar)

This guy, for example, has lots of arrangements of this kind; you may want to check out his videos on the right hand side of his page

Not sure this would be of any help to you, but anyway..
Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?

Probably one of the most beautiful non-vocal acoustic songs I've ever heard.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Technically, something that is not sung is not a song. But I get what you mean.

Check out "Dee" by Randy Rhoads.

Also, look into Leo Kottke and Tommy Emmanuel.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by LilVikingboy
Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?

Probably one of the most beautiful non-vocal acoustic songs I've ever heard.

hey i just downloaded the song and is not a acustic song....and it has vocals....?
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Chips i agree with you "Is There Anybody Out There?" is Probably the most beautiful non-vocal acoustic songs I've ever heard...that and John Butler's "Ocean".
Ya " Is There Anybody Out There" I learned it in two days, a very beutiful song highly recomended like others said.

There's also Led Zeppelins White Summer it can also be played electric but it's amazing acoustic and one of my favorite songs. Seems very hard but something worth learning.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Btw, do you use your pinky on the Is There Anybody Out There Am arpeggio? I can't stretch it on the 4th fret while keeping the Am. I guess it's the wrong way, but I use my ring finger for that.
in flames - acoustic medley, pallar anders visa
zakk wylde - speedball
Quote by Chips-
Btw, do you use your pinky on the Is There Anybody Out There Am arpeggio? I can't stretch it on the 4th fret while keeping the Am. I guess it's the wrong way, but I use my ring finger for that.

I have the same problem and use the same solution.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I use my pinky. It's easy if you slide your ring finger(which should be on the same string anyway the way I do it) over with it because it makes no difference. Then middle finger on the 4th string 2nd fret and index on the 5th string 1st fret.

And who did it in two days? It's been a few weeks for me. I'm having a hard time remembering it all, so it's hard to get trhough But I'm getting there.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
I have my index on 5th string 1st fret, middle on 4th string 2nd fret, ring finger on 3rd string 2nd fret and then I just slide my ring finger on the 3rd and 4th fret.

I could use my pinky for the 4th fret playing it like that, but if I try playing it like a normal Am (index 5th, ring 4th, middle 3rd) I can't stretch my pinky on the 4th fret. If I do, my ring finger doesn't stay where it should.
Last edited by Chips- at Sep 29, 2006,
muir woods by andrew york
fluff by black sabbath
exodus the theme for the movie
a song for life by eric johnson
you can try tears in the rain by joe satriani. its a bit of a finger stretcher though
I know this is an old post but, Voice of the Soul by Death is a beautiful song. The acoustic arrangement is fun to play, but the electric part is what makes the song so amazing.
Classical Gas
Here Comes The Sun
Is There Anybody Out There
Romanza (Romance)
Nothing Else Matters
Stairway To Heaven
Tears In Heaven

Some Harder ones, because they are not the original song:
Smells Like Teen Spirit (by Eric Roche)
Kiss From A Rose (by Ulli Boegershausen)
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (by George Harrison) - There's a strum AND fingerpicking version of this!

PS: Also for the guys who are asking about the fingerpositioning of Is There Anybody Out There. The most effective way is to play the Am, than the cheatversion of the F and than put your pinkie on the 4th fret, so you can easily pull it of when going back to the F.
Am(2) -> F(3) -> F+4(Pinkie) -> F(3)
Last edited by Knappe Turk at Dec 3, 2009,
Or you can just learn to arrange jazz standards for solo guitar than you can learn hundreds of great songs. I've just started doing it and it's pretty easy and sounds great IMHO.
Ben Pazolli
-----------------------
Epiphone Dot Studio
VOX Valvetronix VD-30AD
VOX V847 WAH-WAH Pedal
Boss Loop Station RC-2
-----------------------
"The nicest guy you'll ever f............ind"
Quote by RCAlbright
I know this is an old post but, Voice of the Soul by Death is a beautiful song. The acoustic arrangement is fun to play, but the electric part is what makes the song so amazing.

+1

But really had to play since its 1 acoustic and 2 electric guitars in the song.
Though i really recommend this if you have some friends or are playing in a band!
Little Martha -- the Duane Allman version, not the Leo Kotke version (too hard)

Embryonic Journey -- Jorma Kaukonen (e.g. on Live at Sweetwater)
Time of your life-Green Day

An effective song even without vocals.
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran