So my band and i played Shine On 6-9 last night as a tribute to Syd. It was pretty moving, we had pictures and videos of him projected on to a screen behind us during the funeral march (9:05 on the record). I will try and get the recording and post it.
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
That's cool, but I'm sick of people saying they're paying tribute to Syd by playing songs that he wasn't even on. Play his songs, that's how to pay tribute to him.
Quote by joshsirjoshules
That's cool, but I'm sick of people saying they're paying tribute to Syd by playing songs that he wasn't even on. Play his songs, that's how to pay tribute to him.

to be fair, shine on was about him anyway...
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
True, but so many people haven't heard his genius that, especially after his death, paying tribute with songs that aren't his is so irrelevant. Every song that Pink Floyd put out after he left sounds like Syd could've written it, I can hear him singing "Breathe" amongst others. Even "Wish You Were Here" even though it's about him.
Quote by joshsirjoshules

Earlier in the show i did Bob Dylan Blues, and Terrapin. So i did pay tribute to him.
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce
Quote by _Marooned_
Earlier in the show i did Bob Dylan Blues, and Terrapin. So i did pay tribute to him.

That's cool. I wasn't lashing out at you, it just gets on my nerves when people say that they're paying tribute to Syd by playing post-Syd Floyd songs.