Basically im gonna get a whole load of money from this young enterprise thing at school.
Probaly about £500 maybe 600. could even be a lot more than that.

I'm looking for a new amp. which would do for a nice metal sound. but not classic metal. like the recent kind. so maybe quite a smooth distortion, prefferably quite bassy, but still be clear enough at the high end.

But i went and tried out the marshall jcm 200 tsl, engl powerball, peavey 6505 and of course the mesa duel.

Of course mesa was the top choice but a little on the steep price side.
I really loved the powerball, it had loads of kick and a really smooth dist. The only problem with it was when i used my sz520 it gave me loadddsss of feedback. Is this normal?
The marshall was a bit thin i guess and didnt hold much of a smooth bassy dist.
And well the peavey i didnt really understand how to get the most out of it so next time im there il ask some one.

But can anyone give me any other good amps to try out?
I really want a decent amp thats loud enough for gigs and will last me a long time.

And will it be worth saving up more money to get the powerball?
Any help is greatly apreiciated. i know there are about a bazzilion and one threads about this and i do apologise.
Might wanna try the Line 6 Spider II 112 combo. But I understand that the low-end on them isn't too great, but they're very affordable, given your price range, someone else might be able to find you a better on here though.
DONT LISTEN TO THAT CRAP!!! TRUST ME!! SPIDER SUCKS!

you might like it first week but then you start to realize the horrible sound behind that cool look...
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by backtothe70s
DONT LISTEN TO THAT CRAP!!! TRUST ME!! SPIDER SUCKS!

you might like it first week but then you start to realize the horrible sound behind that cool look...

Yeah my freind got a spider and im not to fond of them. To digital...*shudders*

But i was maybe hoping for something more high end than that.

Im still very tempted to save for longer for that powerball.
hmmm.
Any advice on the feed back problems i had with this amp?
Line 6 sucks ass, since you were trying out mostly tube amps, i dont think you'll listen to that fool. But If you really like The mesa, i think you would be happier if u got the mesa, instead of something that u didnt like as much.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Quote by LethalAe86TypeR
Line 6 sucks ass, since you were trying out mostly tube amps, i dont think you'll listen to that fool. But If you really like The mesa, i think you would be happier if u got the mesa, instead of something that u didnt like as much.

The only problem with the mesa is the £2200 price tag that comes with it.
Has anyone tried out the peavey XXX?
I forgot to try one and i was looking at the combo prices and their not to bad.
And i'v heard its really good for metal.
Look for a used 5150 on ebay.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah