i wanna get a boss os-2 due to it having overdrive and distortion, but i keep hearing that overdrives are crap through solid states. i thought in this case a boss ds-1 would be better, could someone explain why ods are crap through solids, and also, could someone tell me which of the pedals is better (is the distortion on the os-2 better than the ds-1? cos if it is, ill get the os-2 anyway for the better distortion) cheers dudes
Quote by NiK-117
i wanna get a boss os-2 due to it having overdrive and distortion, but i keep hearing that overdrives are crap through solid states. i thought in this case a boss ds-1 would be better, could someone explain why ods are crap through solids, and also, could someone tell me which of the pedals is better (is the distortion on the os-2 better than the ds-1? cos if it is, ill get the os-2 anyway for the better distortion) cheers dudes

Becuase the purpose of an overdrive pedal is to push the tubes in a tube amp to overdrive... hence the name. So if you amp has no tubes (solidstate) it won't do much.