Page 1 of 2
You know they tried to be successful in America but it failed.
If you´re an American maybe you can tell me why.
what are you talking about you dumbass alot of americans like oasis. theyre extremely popular everyone knows wonderwall
Plenty of us love Oasis.
However, we are not obsessed with Oasis.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
It might have something to do with every time they come on tour, they don't stop in more than 3 or 4 cities in the US, its mostly canada.

I love oasis, definatly top 5 bands of all time
I really don't like them, they sound cool, and don't look back in anger is one of my favorite songs ever, but all their other lyrics are really dumb. . . in my opinion. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
People either love or hate Oasis, in my experience. I like some of their stuff. Sometimes they sound like a Beatles cover band, which is a bit annoying.
Hi, I'm Peter
Probably the same reasons that I don't like them.

Liam's voice is as annoying as hell and the songs are extremely boring IMO.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by yes329
what are you talking about you dumbass alot of americans like oasis. theyre extremely popular everyone knows wonderwall

I see, Wonderwall

In Europe you don´t listen to Wonderwall when you like Oasis.

Man, you have to admit that in America they´re not as famous as in Europe.
That´s not good and not bad. It´s just a fact.
And I wanted to know why.
Because in the beginning of their career they toured through USA with less success.

The same thing with Robbie Williams.
Their earlier, good stuff is all about growing up and living in Nowhereton, Manchester. As such it's full of situations from middle-class England. I doubt many Americans can really relate to that.

Their later stuff is really quite ****, and bad music is bad music.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Oasis is actually pretty popular in America. And yes, everybody knows Wonderwall. But that's not the only song Americans listen to.

I'm into their older stuff that they released in the 90's, but lately I haven't found much reason to pay attention to their new releases. Not my favorite stuff from them.
I don´t like the new songs aswell, though "The importance of being idle" is very fun to sing.
Maybe only Noel should write songs as he did before but even his new stuff is bad, except from "Stop crying your heart out" "Idlers´dream" and "I´m just getting older" and a few others.
And Liam should not make a parody of himself. He overdoes his way to sing as if someone would take him off.
Nevertheless he´s still one of the most charismatic singers.
They're not quite as big as over there, but I don't know of people who hate them really.
Quote by skoll 11
I see, Wonderwall

Because in the beginning of their career they toured through USA with less success.

I think your just minorly pigeon-holing "Americans" in general. I'm not a fan of Oasis, but that doesn't mean millions of other people here aren't crazy about them. It's like me starting a thread asking Europeans to answer "Why isn't Incubus huge in Europe? They're huge in America, so why not Europe?" It's a silly question that really has no definate answer. Asking why a band from Country A isn't as famous in Country B is like asking Person A why they don't like oak trees more than Person B.

silly.
Quote by _stalemate_
I think your just minorly pigeon-holing "Americans" in general. I'm not a fan of Oasis, but that doesn't mean millions of other people here aren't crazy about them. It's like me starting a thread asking Europeans to answer "Why isn't Incubus huge in Europe? They're huge in America, so why not Europe?" It's a silly question that really has no definate answer. Asking why a band from Country A isn't as famous in Country B is like asking Person A why they don't like oak trees more than Person B.

silly.

What the hell have oak trees ever done to do you?
Quote by _stalemate_
I think your just minorly pigeon-holing "Americans" in general. I'm not a fan of Oasis, but that doesn't mean millions of other people here aren't crazy about them. It's like me starting a thread asking Europeans to answer "Why isn't Incubus huge in Europe? They're huge in America, so why not Europe?" It's a silly question that really has no definate answer.

No, I don´t.
Someone already mentioned that it has to do with the classes, specially the working class.
And that´s it.
Oasis is (was) a life style in GB, people felt understood because Oasis come from the bottom of society as they do.
I think in America you don´t have this class differences and if than tell me cause that´s what I wanted to know.
Whether people in America listen to Oasis because they like the music or because they like the music and everything around.
And as far as I know it´s "just" because of the music. That´s why they´re not as known there.
But of cause Oasis also have huge fans in every other country.
Last edited by skoll 11 at Sep 28, 2006,
His voice sucks
Uk music, unfortunately, has been deteriorating recently
Oasis are britain's little hope which is over-hyped
The uys think they're the Beatles and...his voice sucks
the lyrics suck as well
and i'mnot even american
Quote by skoll 11

I think in America you don´t have this class differences and if than tell me cause that´s what I wanted to know.

Oh trust me, there are sickening class differences in America.
formerly: lil key key and before that green_jello
Quote by nigelthronberry
What the hell have oak trees ever done to do you?

yeah, what's wrong with the oak trees?
the lesser known of the 4
sorry but oasis arent all their cracked up to be
over hyped and over rated.

this is the band that sed jus over ten years ago 'guitar music is dead, we wont play guitars cos those bands r dead'
and well they jus moved with the fads, guitar music is back and the one with sum talent learnt guitar whereas the other midget git is the most talentless foll evr to grace a stage

plz all who arent british do not look at these wankers an example of gd british bands cos well they aint
Quote by skoll 11
I see, Wonderwall

Hmm... what an odd thing to say. You can't just say that Europeans don't listen to Wonderwall! It was an iconic track which is still very popular today. I would agree that they're not as popular in the states, I just don't think that they particularly appeal to Americans. Oasis came about in that retro pop era of the 90's, and much like Blur, they represent a change in the 'pop' industry at that time and as such are a very British band. Because of the way of the pop industry both in the UK and America at the time, Oasis didn't get a look in with America. They were never going to be successful over there because of what they symbolised within the British pop/rock movement.

Thank you. Rant over
So lets put on our classics and we'll have a little dance, shall we?
Quote by *Spider*
Hmm... what an odd thing to say. You can't just say that Europeans don't listen to Wonderwall! It was an iconic track which is still very popular today.

When I listen to their 2nd album which doesn´t happen too often anymore I skip that track cause I had enough of it.
It´s like Beatles and "Yesterday" or Kinks and "Sunny Afternoon" or Metallica and "Nothing else matters"...
And I didn´t mean Europeans in general, I meant European fans.

When you´re on a concert this song is great and they can´t leave the stage without playing that song, but cd version...
oasis sing about british culture and brithish life which doesnt translate to american life
Plus, Oasis trash Americans anyway.

I love Oasis by the way, and the pwn you.

EDIT:
And move this goddamn thread to Alt/Indie or Modern Rock.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by jazza1234
oasis sing about british culture and brithish life which doesnt translate to american life

That´s what I wanted to hear from an American.
Do they get (like) the message behind the music?
Or just like the music
Or like the music but don´t like Oasis because of the different life style
Quote by Adarsh
His voice sucks
Uk music, unfortunately, has been deteriorating recently
Oasis are britain's little hope which is over-hyped
The uys think they're the Beatles and...his voice sucks
the lyrics suck as well
and i'mnot even american

you live in Dubai for fuksake.
ANYWAY I hate oasis, not becuase they are a rubbish badn they are dire human beings, You may not hear his babble in America, but the mans the Hitler of alternative rock.
Noone, apart from his bumchums Kasabian, Is spared, everyone from the beatles to Franz ferdninand. He criticises them all. He truly believes he is god, and he has enough snivelling bastards there to shower him in praise to up his ego. True definiton of Wanker.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
I'm not in America, I'm in UK but I don't like Oasis mainly because they're repetative in their song structure and overplayed.
Take a look to the sky just before you die...it's the last time you will...
Some people like them, some people hate them.
I think they suck, but that's my opinion.
Oasis are brilliant. I am not surprised with all the anti-liam posts. I mean, he is the only person that would only openly say that a band, for example coldplay< are "****e and boring" to the media. He has offended a lot of people. But I hat coldplay and I think Liam is one of the most rock n roll rock stars nowadays. Since when is looking and sounding a bit like the beatles a bad thing!?

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
because they are morons and I cant understand their babble
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
1. They suck

2. They are boring.

3. They are babbling imbeciles.

4. They are pretentious, arrogant snobs.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
No dynamics in their music. I don't believe the lyrics when they are being sung. It just doesn't strike a nerve with me.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
1. They suck

2. They are boring.

3. They are babbling imbeciles.

4. They are pretentious, arrogant snobs.

What a surprise

All the other metal"fans" (I don´t know if you´re that much into it) I know like Oasis und Brit-/Indiepop
Last edited by skoll 11 at Nov 11, 2006,
Page 1 of 2