so i had my library set on random jsut now and some persuader from the album evolution purgatory came on. i didnt even know i had these guys and ive never listened to them before and omg they are some of the best power metal ive ever heard! thoughts?
^I'm sure some people do know of them, but for the rest of us would you mind providing a link to a place where we can listen to persauder?
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
I've heard some songs of theirs ages ago.

I most likely enjoyed it. Can't remember.

LOL
roar
Yea they are very good. Been listening to them for a few years now. Very solid power metal. They remind a bit of Cellador.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Evolution Purgatory is good but a little uncreative IMO and gets kinda stale after a while.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
I have only found this band recently. I now have their 'When Eden Burns' album, by ****ery, it owns me at all sides. Jens has a great voice, and the guitarists are reasonably skilled. Probably one of my favourite bands ATM.

EDIT:
Quote by into the moat
omg they are some of the best power metal ive ever heard!

They are power crossover thrash band, this is why they rule

EDIT AGAIN:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=64468755
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Jan 31, 2007,
I really dig these guys to be honest, and Jens' other projects like Dark Empire and Savage Circus.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
One of the best power metal bands out there. Their sound is amazingly fresh even though reminicent of Iron Savior. Evolution Purgatory is one of the best metal albums ever made (along with The Odyssey) and Dreamland Manor by Savage Circus is also godlike.

I've been pushing this band on many people for a few years now and I can't say it enough. Check them out!!!

hehe Matt, although I don't agree, your sentence should be the other way around
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Persuader are cool, only thing that bothers me is that Jens Carlsson sounds occasionally HELL A LOT like Hansi Kürsch
and Savage Circus is basically just a copy-cat of the older Blind Guardian
but that was Thomen Stauch's main idea and he can do whatever he wants lol

musically Persuader doesn't have much to do with BG tho and that's good
Savage Circus have some nice stuff but they really need to be more original to get me to listen to them more
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

^ BG's old stuff is nothing compared to Savage Circus. I have no clue why people like BG so much, they imo have never done outstanding album whereas Dreamland Manor is intense, melodic and extremely catchy. It does not sound at all like BG nor will BG release anything near as good as Dreamland Manor.
let's take the song Evil Eyes under investigation:

The song takes off in pure Follow The Blind style riffing, followed by melodies similiar to Nightfall In Middle-Earth. Then comes in the Somewhere Far Beyond-esque vocals and then comes the Nightfall melodies again topped by again newer BG/Demons & Wizards style harmonized vocal shouting. Now it's time for more aggressive pre-chorus which actually is the most original part of the song. The chorus could have easily been in Imaginations From The Other Side or A Night At The Opera (listen to the awesome drumming by Thomen). Then comes short break down in BG style again. Verse is pure old BG again. This time the pre-chorus is in veins of Imaginations. Alright, solo kicks in, the first part of the solo isn't BG at all but the second part... sounds like straight from Nightfall, the third part is a bit more original, but then followed by Nightfall melodies again! Time for the Somewhere Far Beyond stuff mixed with Nightfall and then comes the chorus again.

so basically, there's LOTS OF similiarities between Savage Circus and Blind Guardian. Even the guitar sounds like André Olbrich's! but I'm not saying that the song is bad, actually it's very good with catchy chorus and nice (BG) melodies but they really got to be more original

and I can't do anything but disagree with the "It does not sound at all like BG nor will BG release anything near as good as Dreamland Manor." comment, Imaginations From The Other Side is my favourite power metal album ever.

I really hope you don't take this post offensive or as disrespect of your opinion cuz I really did this in friendly mannor, don't wanna start any arguments
just would like to ask how well do you know BG if you say they don't sound anything at all like BG? I think it's really a good time for you to discover the wonders of BG if you like Savage Circus so much!

Last edited by Kepulix at Feb 1, 2007,
nah, I take no offence, for I do know that you are quite right. I just hate so much the BG comparisons to either Persuader or Savage Circus caus both are much better imo and have a more unique and interesting sound.

When I listen to Battalions of Fear or Follow The Blind, I do not get that atmosphere present in Dreamland Manor and vocals are indeed different.

But I get what you say.
Yeah, but I don't think its a coincidence that Blind Guardian is mentioned in every Persuader album reviews on Metal-Observer

don't know how much you actually know about BG but BoF and FTB aren't definately their highest points, it's just that Thomen and Savage Circus just took the best parts of what BG have done in the past while BG itself walked and developed their sound by themselves back then, of course it's for Persuader and SC 'easier' to make the sound more interresting by blending other stuff into the BG-esque material. But basically they both remind me way too much of Blind Guardian... just the way that Blind Guardian originated that style of sound

as I said I don't know how much you know of BG but you should check out these songs just to hear how much influence they have taken: Battlefield, Nightfall, Into The Storm, Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns), This Will Never End and Bright Eyes

if you know all of those songs, then I can't but wonder how you don't like BG cuz their influence to Persuader and Savage Circus is SO prominent
altho Persuader sounded more original on their first albums

Funny that you mention Battlefield caus I do not find that song to be at all similar to anything SC. My fav BG album and the most interesting imo is A Night at the Opera. I'll be honest, the only album i haven't heeard is Imaginations... but even Somewhere Far Beyond does not sound so much alike.

I don't deny the inlfuences because they're conspicuous, but I think they have something of their own and if we were to be comparing, I'd say Iron Savior was definitely a big influence also.
it's just the huge choruses and the drumming in Battlefield that I wanted to tell you about

Imaginations... is the highpoint of BG for me, for most ppl it's Nightfall... which is awesome also but the perfect mix of the speed/thrashyness off older stuff and newer epic stuff is what makes Imaginations so amazing (also absolutely no fillers!)
and yeah, there's lots of Iron Saviour influences in Persuader also

conculsion:
Persuader, awesome band but some vocal parts too much BG-like
Savage Circus, decent stuff but needs much more originality to stand out
chemicalsolutio, made me to post my longest posts ever lol

^that all being just my opinions

Regardless of who sounds like who, it is always a pleasure to hear Jens Karlsson or Hansi Kurch singing.