I've just put a song together today, It's really rushed so excuse the mistakes on the "solos" anyway if you could have a listen and give any recording tips as I can't seem to ever get it sounding right anyway...

The one made today is "Demo" and I'm also wondering if "Fast Thingy" (lol) is song worthy... opinions would be greatly appreciated...

http://mortis.dmusic.com/

oh... also short message has piano in, I'm thinking of doing vocals for that one first...

Thanks.
I like "demo" heaps. I couldn't find anything I didn't like. I'll have a look at "Fast Thingy" later.
Hi,
I liked the really tight guitar style that you've got. Just a couple of production ideas though.

Try panning the guitars slightly left and right of centre so they aren't coming at you all from the middle

Are you using the same guitar / amp settings for all the guitar parts? It sounds like they are similar if not the same. Using different guitars or amps or even treating them slightly differently would open the guitar sound right up. If you listen to the way bands like Slayer and Metallica work in the studio you can hear the difference in the way that the two guitars sound and also the difference in their lead and rhythm sounds.

I personally feel that there needs to be some more top end on the guitar sound as it is getting lost a little in the bass and floor tom sounds

Maybe bung some compression on the rhythm guitar parts to really make it stand out.

Other than that I really liked the whole vibe that you are creating - reminds me of proper "old school" speed and thrash (Metallica, Testament etc.) rather than the widdly widdly modern children like Trivium. Yawn!
Pretty Good.
In the fast part of the Demo song though the snare kind of drowns the guiitar out a little. Solo's not half-bad either.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez