So, at the DragonForce concert, I was getting pretty pumped up and enjoying the music a lot, so I started jumping up and down, even though no one else was. Is this looked down upon by true metalheads? I know that it's quite common at Nu-Metal shows, so did I make myself look like a complete tool?

Thanks.
okay i'm not metal, but i hate it when there's no pit at all and theres no room to dance

n then people start jumping up n down and u get dragged up n down with them

it annoys the hell out of me.

anyone else?
probably, and some venues just don't have room to mosh/circle pit/skank etc. but do whatever you want you paid for the ticket
At the DragonForce show I went to, the entire venue was so packed, nobody could move to create a pit.
Was it a dragonforce gig? or were they supporting somebody else or on at a festival?
Because if it wasnt a dragonforce gig they may have been heavier metal fans. Or maybe it was just a **** show.
^^^but so did every1 else, im sick of **** like kids crowd surfing on me, jumping and hitting me i just **** em up now, no room dont move
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Last edited by IbanezxXx at Sep 26, 2006,
Quote by Scourge441
There wasn't a mosh pit?

Quote by lespaul_rentals
So, at the DragonForce concert,

Does that answer your question?
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
+1^^

lol at moshing to dragonforce
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Quote by LedZeppelin
Does that answer your question?

I was going to point it out if you didn't.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
LOL, 13 responses, and still no one has told me whether I was an insult to true metal fans or not...

There was a mosh pit that would spring up occasionally. But it's sort of hard to jump when a bunch of emo/metalcore fags start hardcore dancing. Or body slamming. I was just jumping up and down in the middle of the crowd.

As for those metalcore, hardcore-dancing posers, I find it quite entertaining to elbow them in the gut if they get anywhere close to me.

This one little metalcore/emo shrimp, probably about 12 years old, wanted to be cool, so he went into the mosh pit while a bunch of people were slamdancing, including some big 200 pound guys. So, when he kept acting all stupid, and started getting hit, he ran toward me to try to get out of the mosh pit. I just shoved him back in, and laughed as he got owned yet again. I hate metalcore losers.
Depends on how crowded the venue is. I was the only person headbanging and not ninja-owning everybody else in the room at Unearth a couple of months ago, but I didn't give a shit. But if there was a big space in the middle of the place and you were jumping up and down, yeah, you probably did look a bit foolish. It's a concert though, I really wouldn't worry about it, as people do stupid stuff anyway.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by IbanezxXx
^^^but so did every1 else, im sick of **** like kids crowd surfing on me, jumping and hitting me i just **** em up now, no room dont move

You ****ing ****-knock its a METAL concert, its expected that people don't stand around like vaginafied little faggots. This isnt ****ing EMO. Jesus christ.

If you're worried about insulting true metal you shouldn't even ****ing goto the concert, stop listening to the band, sell the cds on ebay (delete them from your computer) and Kill Yourself.

Or you could just stop caring what the **** other people think.
Quote by lespaul_rentals
LOL, 13 responses, and still no one has told me whether I was an insult to true metal fans or not...

There was a mosh pit that would spring up occasionally. But it's sort of hard to jump when a bunch of emo/metalcore fags start hardcore dancing. Or body slamming. I was just jumping up and down in the middle of the crowd.

As for those metalcore, hardcore-dancing posers, I find it quite entertaining to elbow them in the gut if they get anywhere close to me.

This one little metalcore/emo shrimp, probably about 12 years old, wanted to be cool, so he went into the mosh pit while a bunch of people were slamdancing, including some big 200 pound guys. So, when he kept acting all stupid, and started getting hit, he ran toward me to try to get out of the mosh pit. I just shoved him back in, and laughed as he got owned yet again. I hate metalcore losers.

jumping is good, but you gotta headbang. Headbanging ist krieg.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
You ****ing ****-knock its a METAL concert, its expected that people don't stand around like vaginafied little faggots. This isnt ****ing EMO. Jesus christ.

If you're worried about insulting true metal you shouldn't even ****ing goto the concert, stop listening to the band, sell the cds on ebay (delete them from your computer) and Kill Yourself.

Whoa there cowboy.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by xolax
jumping is good, but you gotta headbang. Headbanging ist krieg.

Oh, don't worry, I headbanged. My hair isn't quite long enough for it to look good, but see my avatar? I was doing that stuff a lot.
u hit me i hit u, theres no room so dont take mine, if there was room than ppl could mosh, but if its packed i don't need sum douche running into me, and ya it doesnt matter wat they think do wat u want and they'll do wat they want
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Quote by lespaul_rentals

wait so there were kids hardcore dancing at a dragonforce show?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! what is the world coming to
Quote by into the moat
wait so there were kids hardcore dancing at a dragonforce show?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! what is the world coming to

People actually going to a Dragonforce show?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!what is the world coming to
Those videos made me rofl so bad....oh, God, I'm going to die...hardcore dancing...what a joke...ROFLAWL
LET'S DANCE, BOYS!!!!...Okay uhh, dancing=gay, jumping=...okay if the band or crowd is doing it with you like in Rock in Rio, headbanging=the ****, moshing=no fun for me (unless I'm throwing babies in there.)

I just watched those videos XD hahaha, wow...I didn't know hardcore kids were THAT bad. God damn they think they're like ****ing karate kicking ninja cyborgs or some ****.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Last edited by Gman400 at Sep 26, 2006,
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
+1^^

lol at moshing to dragonforce

I've seen people mosh to Green Day. Trust me, it's not unusual.
Quote by Icarus66
People actually going to a Dragonforce show?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!what is the world coming to

Quote by into the moat

Lol @ so much confusion.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by xxgenocide98xx

x 70 bajillion
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
this thread sucks and for the record yes jumping on a concert is for ****in fags moshing or headbanging rulz
I dont really think its an insult, i just dislike crowd surfers, always kick me in the face. At the dragonforce concert here in Sydney, that went off, small venue but their were circle pits, mad moshes, druggos lol, but yeah it completely went off. But i dont know about other countries, but moshing is generally what you have to do here, if you dont mosh, you stand up the back with the scrawny goth kids.

but then again, people will mosh to anything here, like when blink 182 (i knwo its not metal, im just giving it as an example) played here for the Big Day Out, people were moshing hard and doing some massive skank pits, even when they werent fricken playing lol.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Last edited by GuitarSacrifice at Sep 27, 2006,