Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
cheaper one
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
thats cause people are looking at the price, not the guitar. the custom is definatly the better guitar if money isnt an issue. much higher quality than the standard. dam i wish i had that kind of money
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
if youw ant an awesome les paul, id go with the LP Supreme since that kind of money isnt a problem.
Epi Zakk Wylde LP
Schecter C1 Elite
Fender 70's Strat
Orange AD30 Head w/Orange 412 Cab
Fender Hot Rod De-Ville 2x12
Various Pedals
So the custom shop has overall better quality?
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
get the custom, the customs have much better quality control, and are gennerally nicer.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
'60 LP Standard
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
All Gibsons minus some of the Fadeds and the Studios have excellent quality control.

The Custom 1960 is just a reissue, nothing fancy. Just a Standard Les Paul in 1960. But the 59' LP, now that's a little more important. That's arguably the best year for a Les Paul.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.
The standard will be a fine guitar for the price, but if you want a little better quality control and some fancier cosmetics, go for a Les Paul Custom.
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by edg
The LP Supreme was a total disappointment when I tried one. A big waste of
money. With LPs, a standard is probably best bet.

also good luck changing pups there arent any control cavity covers on teh rear for the switch or pots, youd need long skinny fingers to go thru the input jack to solder the wires. They covered the back of the guitar with a matching flame maple rear cap without cutouts after the electronics were installed one would assume.
yes the custom is better. its made by hand but gibsons luthers, not by machine like the standard. much better quality.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

ceramic pups =
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

yes

nah im kidding, im just not a fan of ceramic pickups, im aware that they're good for metal, but remember some of us here like a more classic sound. thats where alnico pickups come into play.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Okay thanks everyone. I think i'll be going with the standard. Mainly because a standard costs 3,000 dollars over here, while the custom shop would cost me 7.000 dollars. I just can't imagine that the quality gap is big enough to warrant the price
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
if you have that much money, you should contact the Gibson custom shop and tell them to make one for your own specifications
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.