Page 1 of 3
i've been listening to them a whole lot for the past year now and im starting to think theyre one of the best bands ever, what do you guys think of them?
I ****in love them im buying repeater soon.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
oh ma GAAWWWD.
i was wonderin when there would be a thread for fugazi
one of the best bands ever definatly
the "life and limb" guitar riff is excellent lol
AMAZING BAND
Excellent band. 13 songs and Repeater are the best albums. The later stuff is good too, but I'm standing by the early years.

I'm not a fan of Ian's politics, but they helped to make him famous.

Also check out Minor Threat (pre-fugazi), and Pailhead (a side project with a couple guys from Ministry).
Yeah Fugazi is the greatest but the only album of theres I have is 13 Songs, what do you guys recomend from them?
most of their stuff is harder to get into and it takes a couple listens first before you'll appreciate it, you should get repeater because its not that different from 13 songs
Fugazi is NOT a punk band.

Take it to the emo forum, please.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by Wasted Resource
Excellent band. 13 songs and Repeater are the best albums. The later stuff is good too, but I'm standing by the early years.

I'm not a fan of Ian's politics, but they helped to make him famous.

Also check out Minor Threat (pre-fugazi), and Pailhead (a side project with a couple guys from Ministry).

its hard to pick a favorite album because they're all different and excellent.
also, check out the evens
Quote by johnnynemo

theyre on the "list of punk bands"
Also, Ian is a misogynist.

And the Evens aren't even remotely punk.

TAKE THIS TO THE EMO FORUM, PLEASE.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

Quote by johnnynemo
Also, Ian is a misogynist.

And the Evens aren't even remotely punk.

TAKE THIS TO THE EMO FORUM, PLEASE.

Ian is not a misogynist, why do you think that?

This isn't a thread on the evens, i was just saying they're good too.
I loves me some Fugazi.

But I also agree that they probably don't belong here.

13 songs was the only thing I listened to for a good week or two after I got it.
Quote by johnnynemo

F U C K . O F F
Quote by wiggyisgreat
F U C K . O F F

Oooh a fight waiting to happen, trying to divert from that, I have never even heard of Fugazi! Flame away!
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
I've got live footage of when they played here in '92 or '93 with a local band called Buzzkill. Excellent video of both bands.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Quote by whatdoiget000
Ian is not a misogynist, why do you think that?

This isn't a thread on the evens, i was just saying they're good too.

I've met Ian and he has got the wool pulled way over your eyes.

He's a lil rich a$$wipe who
1) destroyed the real DC punk scene
2) brought in Nazi skinheads by dressing like them and singing about how he's been persecuted because he's white
3) created "emo-core" to destroy the crappy hardcore and straight edge scenes he made with his mommy and daddy's money.

And you guys all kiss his a$$ like he was some kind of "scene saviour".
Pathetic.
Quote by sargasm

Quote by wiggyisgreat
F U C K . O F F

Did it take you all night to think of that, pillock?

Why are you in the punk forum anyway, with your Red Hot Chili Peppers sh*te?
Go stuck your tongue up Anthony Kiedis's a$$.
Quote by sargasm

I wouldn't post this in the emo forum because all the kids who respond will be like, "omg did they tour wif mcr?~!11?" or "omg their not as emoXcoreXvegan as FALL OUT BOY". Yeah, they lean on the (true) emo side, but they're better known here, where the kids who are into real punk reside.
Hahahahaha.
True.

Emo always was, and is, for trendy posers.

Read my thread about Ian and his homophobia, and you will understand one of the BIG reasons why I despise him.
Quote by sargasm

Quote by johnnynemo
I've met Ian and he has got the wool pulled way over your eyes.

He's a lil rich a$$wipe who
1) destroyed the real DC punk scene
2) brought in Nazi skinheads by dressing like them and singing about how he's been persecuted because he's white
3) created "emo-core" to destroy the crappy hardcore and straight edge scenes he made with his mommy and daddy's money.

And you guys all kiss his a$$ like he was some kind of "scene saviour".
Pathetic.

2) He says that he only shaved his head because he had curley hair and couldn't spike it right. As for 'Guilty of Being White', it's about getting beat up by African Americans at his high school because he's white. He has said if he had known Minor Threat was going to gain as much fame as it did he would have chosen his words more carefully.
3) He created emo-core to get the skinheads out of the scene, because he was tired of people coming in that don't care about the music and just wanted to bust peoples heads in. And what about mommy and daddy's money?

And no I don't think he's any scene savior. But I do think he makes great music.
The point isn't that he shoulda changed his words if he knew they woulda been so famous, he shouldn't've thought like that in the first place.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by whyvern
The point isn't that he shoulda changed his words if he knew they woulda been so famous, he shouldn't've thought like that in the first place.

The idea is that those words might seem like they're racist, but they're actually not, and he would have changed them so people wouldnt take "guilty of being white" and look at it as a white power song.
Quote by whyvern

Most intelligent comment here.

Fugazi does belong in pop punk & emo. Take it there. Guilty of being white is a racist statement.
Quote by ss311

Fugazi does belong in pop punk & emo. Take it there. Guilty of being white is a racist statement.

Not exactly, he wrote it because he was beat up in high school just because he was white by African Americans. He was beaten up when they were studying events such as the slave trade in history class. Some people seem to have changed the meaning of it, especially since Slayer covered it, changing the words to "Guilty of Being Right"
Quote by whatdoiget000
Not exactly, he wrote it because he was beat up in high school just because he was white by African Americans. He was beaten up when they were studying events such as the slave trade in history class. Some people seem to have changed the meaning of it, especially since Slayer covered it, changing the words to "Guilty of Being Right"

It bothers me when white people are afraid to call someone black and say "African american" you dont call white people caucasian.
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
It bothers me when white people are afraid to call someone black and say "African american" you dont call white people caucasian.

Calling honkeys cuacasians is actually a misnomer. Cuacasian people are from the Caucus mountains in the country Georgia... and those people aren't white at all.
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
yes but its also used to describe people of european decent.

it shouldn't though. It comes from a time when people thought there were only 3 races on the earth; Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Negroid. It's very outdated and ****, so most anthropolgists and linguists would call a white person simply that a black person.

My favorit thing is when PC dumbasses call Black people from Africa "African Americans" (Americocentric?)
Quote by ss311

How is guilty of being white a racist statement? At the time that song was written, and even today, people walk around with white guilt and get accused of racist stuff all the time and they've never done a thing. I can't stand racism, and blacks are alot more guilty of it than almost any other race on the planet. But its OK, because they were oppressed? that's a load of bull. Racism is racism, and the song was about gettting slavery and everything else that happened in the PAST thrown in your face on a daily basis just because you are white. Remember the past and its atrocities, don't live in it. Move on and build a better world. Racism will never go away as long as it keeps gettin thrown into people's faces all the time. And as much as you probably hate to hear it, blacks are the worst about it. I know. I went to a black majority high school. I live in a black neighborhood, I work with them, and I dated a black girl who's parents hated me because I wasn't black. Black comedians can make racist jokes all day long and people laugh thier asses off. But let someone else do it, and its a major scandal.

Nothin pisses me off more than someone with a double standard. And believe me, most blacks have double standards. That song was in no way a racist song. It was an outcry against white guilt.

I agree with you TN but Ian's song is backed up by his racist comments. He wrote it in such a way that it comes across as racist. Whether he meant it or not can be judged by those who know him and his ideals. I take the song as a racist statement. Doesn't mean I'm right.
Quote by ss311
I agree with you TN but Ian's song is backed up by his racist comments. He wrote it in such a way that it comes across as racist. Whether he meant it or not can be judged by those who know him and his ideals. I take the song as a racist statement. Doesn't mean I'm right.

I just read his comments in the other thread, and I don't see them as full blown racism. I see them as frustration caused by racial situations. Once again, Blacks can raise hell and put down the white man and its OK. But when people who were born at the end of the civil rights movement or after it are catching hell for everything from segregation to slavery when they weren't even born yet or weren't even old enough to talk get accused and blamed for those things, its OK. Once again, sounds like a double standard. Ok for us, but not OK for you. Racism is racism no matter what color you are. and until I see a serious reduction in the racist remarks made by blacks and any other race that's constantly bashing whites, then I will consider them a racist. And this is coming from someone who isn't entirely white. I'm mostly Indian.

HAHAHAHA You're Indian!

Nah that was a joke. I don't really mean that. Thing is, isn't it still insensitive? Yes, and that's what Ian is in making those comments of which some I agree with. However, there's no need to write a song about something that can be taken the wrong way so easily.

I like Indians by the way don' accuse me of stuff
I absolutely LOVE fugazi, but this might be better off in the emo forum. Any bad that Guy Picciotto is a member of is definately an emo band.

I think its very shortsighted to damn Ian Mackaye as a racist for a song that he wrote when he 18 or 19.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Guilty of being white is not a rascist song.

I'm sorry
For something I didn't do
Lynched somebody
But I don't know who
You blame me for slavery
A hundred years before I was born

GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

I'm a convict
(guilty)Of a racist crime
(guilty)I've only served
(guilty)19 years of my time

GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

He is clearly saying that he is not rascist, but the fact that he is white automattically puts him up for ridicule. It is simply a song that suggests that you can't blame him for something that happened 100 years ago, and that he is not guilty of anything, other than being white.
Last edited by Mild Vibe at Sep 30, 2006,
And also I would like to note, the band SLAYER covered Guilty of Being White, and exchanged the last "Guilty of Being White" line, to "Guilty of Being Right", and Ian was extremely offended. I think when he uses the terms fag, he is using it as either slang, or from a different point of view then his own, in a mocking way.
As much as I love Fugazi, I agree that they dont belong in here.
Wade in the water, child.
Page 1 of 3
Recommended threads
Fugazi ( 1 2 3 4 )
AWA
Last post:
by TheReverend724
Fugazi style
BigTakeover138
Last post:
by elvenkindje