Today is deffinitly the BEST day of my life. After going to guitar center expecting an ok acoustic guitar my luck quickly changed. I went to spend 300 which I mean would get me a good acoustic but not today... RYAN CABRERA WAS THERE buying a new guitar for his show tonight at wpb florida. And he we started talking and I told him how im new to guitar and he said " You want a guitar you can learn on and then play in a couple years still right?" And i said of course. So he said come here he took me to his tour bus and I got to pick between three guitars: Ovation 1771 LX Standard Balladeer, a Takamine EF341SC Acoustic-Electric, and a Martin DR Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar. I chose the Martin and got it from Ryan Cabrera- He acctually played it for 250$. Ive never been a fan of his but after today I think I love him lol. I keep waiting to wake up from this dream then I laugh and realize this isnt a dream...
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky Strings
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
No for 250$ I just gave the 250$ I didnt want to be a prick and take it for free lol.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
Pretty nice guy if that's true.

I live in Kansas City, I doubt I'd see a famous musician in my GC :/
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Sold out I cant. Why does every post say if its true. Lol i understand its great but i assure you this is true.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
That's pretty cool, even though I don't listen to his music. He's a nice guy and pretty cute. Not that you would care.

As for the guitar, that's a pretty nice choice right there.
that's an awesome story, man! congrats on your new guitar, also.
post a pic of your new guitar...
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
I dont have my camera atm but tomorrow ill have pics deffinitly.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
Yes I AM! lol
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
wow thats awesome. I guess good things happen to good people.
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
awesome, man!

even if i don't know who he is...=/

Same here

You lucky duck, you!
I have to admit I had to look up who Ryan Cabera is (and im still not familiar with anything he's done), but that is a pretty cool story. You picked the right guitar too, Martin's (even the cheaper one's) are pretty awesome.
:::prepares to be flamed:::

i actually like ryan cabrera's acoustic work.
Wow man, you're pretty lucky. What a nice guy.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
BULLSH*T, i really dont care if there are pictures or not, no way is ryan cabrera going to take $250 from a kid at guitar center for whatever reason being that he gave the kid a guitar or the kid gave him a hummer
Awesome

I really enjoy musicians that are caring, giving people, as opposed to elitist self-centered buttholes.

Slurgi
Quote by silvertone420
BULLSH*T, i really dont care if there are pictures or not, no way is ryan cabrera going to take $250 from a kid at guitar center for whatever reason being that he gave the kid a guitar or the kid gave him a hummer

Well just because you dont believe it doesn't make it true. Not all celeberties are pricks and apparently he isnt. Do you know how rich ryan cabrera is? That 1000$ guitar is nothing to him he had a bus of like 8 and all were well over 500$ each. And to tell the truth I could give a **** to know if you believe me or not.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
Quote by FlatLander
Did you have him autograph it?

Why ruin a beautiful Martin?
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
No i didnt have him autograph it. Im truly not a fan of his. I told him I liked his guitar work and he said that meant alot to him so I never lied lol.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
Quote by LilVikingboy
Why ruin a beautiful Martin?

Don't think I would either, but most people would... I mean, c'mon - what's bigger, a brush with greatness or a good deal on mid-range guitar?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Quote by Acoustnaut
I dont have my camera atm but tomorrow ill have pics deffinitly.

you ever get any pics?
Still dont have my camera from my girlfriend. Im going over her house deffinitly tomorrow so ill get my camera then.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
Wow, i didnt expect he would be the nice musician type, guess i was wrong.

He's got some awesome songs too 8)
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!