I'm learning some funk right now, and my popping just can't keep up. I can only pop with one finger, and i would appreciate some tips on how to use both my middle and index. Thanks.
just as everyone else says practice but you should be able to do it fast with just your index, however idealy you should be able to use your middle and ring fingers in addition just in case, however, if need be only use 2 at a time
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
Practice... not much more to tell you...

i practice "sinister Minister" and "sex in a Pan" by bela fleck and the flecktones to get my fingers going. just try alternating, you'll gain speed with time and practice.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
you mean you dont start off fast and just go until you tire out in 5 minuntes? i knrew i was doing something wrong
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
start really slow, and speed it up until you start to mess up. then go back until you have a consistent popping speed, and work from there slowly. trying to pop at like 43656543bpm right away is just asking for trouble
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I think that I just started popping with my middle finger, as opposed to my index, and then switched to alternating and such.
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
Yeah, I've actually been wondering, what is a good speed for popping (In terms of BPM) and what is considered pretty fast for consistantly spaced popping (Also in terms of BPM). I just need to make sure I'm not trying to achieve some impossibly fast popping speed.
^ there is no "At this speed you are this good". why do people assume speed means good? you are not a hundred metre runner. speed is a by-product of accuracy, as i have said many times. aim not for speed and it will come naturally over time..

There is no good speed, if it sounds good, it sounds good.
Quote by Applehead
^ there is no "At this speed you are this good". why do people assume speed means good? you are not a hundred metre runner. speed is a by-product of accuracy, as i have said many times. aim not for speed and it will come naturally over time..

There is no good speed, if it sounds good, it sounds good.

translation: playing fast cleanly = skill

playing fast muddy = total crap
Quote by Mr. T
Quote by crazypeanutman
translation: playing fast cleanly = skill

playing fast muddy = total crap

I have a lot more trouble slapping with my thumb but it's all the skill of using your forearm and wrist to play faster
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by Dwarf Motha****a
I have a lot more trouble slapping with my thumb but it's all the skill of using your forearm and wrist to play faster

Slapping involves the arm, wrist, and thumb. Most people don't realize that in order to slap really fast, you need to move your thumb to. I can slap with only my thumb and no wrist action from practice. Once you build up thumb endurance, you should be able to slap much faster. Same with the arm, and same with the wrist. Learn to use each one individually, and develop them to the same speed to get consistancy in your slaps.

Popping uses the forearm, wrist, and fingers. Do pretty much the same thing for this. Pop using only the fingers to develop finger strength, then use only the wrist to develop wrist strength, then only the forearm. Once you get them to the same speed, your pops will be clean. If they arn't at the same speed, it will sound sloppy.

This method may seem like a waste of time, but as some of us learned from working out for sports, specificity is a major component in developing muscles. You will be able to build up muscle endurance and strenght much faster if you develop on one muscle instead of a group of muscles.

And make sure you use a metronome for all of this. Start off slow and work up speed.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
Slapping involves the arm, wrist, and thumb. Most people don't realize that in order to slap really fast, you need to move your thumb to. I can slap with only my thumb and no wrist action from practice. Once you build up thumb endurance, you should be able to slap much faster. Same with the arm, and same with the wrist. Learn to use each one individually, and develop them to the same speed to get consistancy in your slaps.

Popping uses the forearm, wrist, and fingers. Do pretty much the same thing for this. Pop using only the fingers to develop finger strength, then use only the wrist to develop wrist strength, then only the forearm. Once you get them to the same speed, your pops will be clean. If they arn't at the same speed, it will sound sloppy.

This method may seem like a waste of time, but as some of us learned from working out for sports, specificity is a major component in developing muscles. You will be able to build up muscle endurance and strenght much faster if you develop on one muscle instead of a group of muscles.

And make sure you use a metronome for all of this. Start off slow and work up speed.

those dynaflex balls help with this BIG TIME