any1 knows of any good bass solos for beginners?
Do you, you, feel like I do?
generally solos arent very much for beginners.

theres that one bridge part in Dosed by rhcp which has a solo feel but iw ouldnt call that a solo.
coffee shop has 2 bass solos, the first 1 is a slap style solo so that's pretty hard, the 2nd solo tho is more straight forward but still hard for the beginner.

i'd suggest holiday by green day, theres that riff int he middle thats just sweet, but then again everyone here would call me a fag.
I'm surprised no one said NIB by Black Sabbath or Orion by Metallica yet. Those are usually said within the first two posts.
Have a look at some of the slower solos by Stuart Hamm. Especially the medley he does on the Joe Satriani Live in San Francisco album. Beautiful music, classical adaptations, full slapping tapping mayhem aswell!
Quote by Tommy Motley
Have a look at some of the slower solos by Stuart Hamm. Especially the medley he does on the Joe Satriani Live in San Francisco album. Beautiful music, classical adaptations, full slapping tapping mayhem aswell!

he's looking for beginner solos. Just because a solo is slow doesn't make it an easy solo.. in fact, it's harder to play slower than to play faster, because when you play slower, you tend to warp the duration of the notes almost constantly.
Aeroplane - RHCP - Pretty simple solo and funky as ****
Naked in the Rain - RHCP - Some parts may be a little tough for beginners but its there to learn
Quote by samlynch
nothing can beat rhcp albums. not even rhcp albums.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
he's looking for beginner solos. Just because a solo is slow doesn't make it an easy solo.. in fact, it's harder to play slower than to play faster, because when you play slower, you tend to warp the duration of the notes almost constantly.

aint that the truth!! love thang is so hard to play like stu.. yeah i can play it, but it sounds crap when you compare the two. slow is definitely harder... and you need feeling..
Oohhh the Albert Hall Teenage Wasteland Solo on that is sweet as candy! Entwhistle is a legend!

Originally Posted by Deliriumbassist

Hmmm never thought of that. You see, I've played Piano since I was 8, so I have a certain rhythym in my head for basically any tempo. You're right!
Quote by Tommy Motley

Hmmm never thought of that. You see, I've played Piano since I was 8, so I have a certain rhythym in my head for basically any tempo. You're right!

Don't be sarcastic... and if you've been playing since you were 8, then surely you'd be able to spell "rhythm"? Have a lollipop for your efforts though.
Mxwell Murder by Rancid. It's pretty much the solo that you have to learn to get any respect in a punk community.