Where does it buzz? (around what frets?) The first thing you need to do is check if the neck is straight. Capo the first fret and hold down the fat E on the last fret, and look around the 7-8 fret. The string should just be barely touching those frets, all the frets actually.

If the buzzing is comming from the first few frets, the nut may have been slotted too low. This requires getting a new nut.

If the buzzing is comming from higher up frets there may be an issue with a popped fret, or simply the action is too, too low on those strings. You said you raised it, are the strings pretty high off the board?

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
The neck is straight. The buzz is focused around the first frets. I did raise the action on it, the strings were raised a little, but not to the point where they were incredibly far from the board. I belive that the nut was shaved to deep so that might cause it. What can i do to remedy it?
Last edited by harrypito at Sep 26, 2006,
Yep, it's the nut.

You're going to need a new nut, take it to a shop if you think you're unable to successfully slot a nut. You're best bet is bringing it to a luthier or repair shop.

Actually, if it's still under warranty contact the place you bought it from, or bring it to a Fender authorized service center.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
If you bring it to a authorized service center it shouldn't cost you a dime.

Check this out, btw.

http://jacksonguitars.com/resources/pdfs/JACKSONLIMITED64CE9.pdf

Chris
sweet. i still got my reciept from guitar center also, would you think its better if i just traded it for a new one?
Do what you want, I love Jacksons though.