ok so the pots in my squier broke, SUPRISE! anyways im saving money for something kinda important right now.. so is there anyway i can solder this mofo up to have no knobs? like its always on 10 for tone an volume.. thanks <3
pots are like $1.50 each tops...just get new pots
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
but i dooonnntt waaaannnnaaaaa, plus i just crank it up on 10 all the time, this will also just be easier for me lazy self =[
get the pots anyways
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
well the local store is closed an the only other place is like the next town over, so grr, please just answer what i asked =[[[[[[[[
Wait until tomr, and buy new pots.

You'll regret not having the ability to adjust the volume of your pots in a while, just play without an amp.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
As far as I know, you need to put the output through 250k ohms to ground anyway.

And are you sure it's the pots that stopped working?

They don't seem like the kinda thing to break.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
i dont mean broken like hey they stopped working i mean like in two peices... long story...

an if thats true what about guitars with 500k ohm pots?
Like I said, I think you need a resistor of some sort whatever.

Just wait till tomorrow, seriously.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
How about we don't tell him how to do it so he can live in torment for the rest of his life.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
cant he just bypass everything straight to the output jack. if you have an intact pot, put that in to have a central ground. or else youd have a **** load of wires going to the ground on the output. just wire the pickup/pickup selector's output to the output and all of the ground wires to a central ground. that should work
thanks alot, glad to see theres some people that actually answer the question in a helpfull manner on this site... so just solder all the grounds to the pot casing?