So it seems like the proper way to do bends is to hook your thumb over the neck to get leverage. However, most people also say that the propery position for your thumb is on the back of the neck. So, if you're playing a song with bends, do you keep your thumb on the back of the neck, and quickly hook it over the neck when you need to do the bend (and then move it back to behind the neck right after)? Or do you just keep your thumb hooked over the neck for the entire song?
Proper, smopper. Do what feels right.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
i usually keep my thumb over the neck to bend easier just dont think about it and your hand should guide itself to where it feels confortable

btw great sig churchnskate
Quote by ChurchNSkate
Proper, smopper. Do what feels right.

Yeah - do what feels right and comfortable... and just hope you enjoy mediocrity!

If you want control over the bend, yes.. hooking your thumb over the neck is essential to get the correct wrist motion which allows you to control and phrase the bend properly.