Hey, Im a guitar player but my dad used to play in a band and then un-fortuantely had to sell his bass a long time ago. And hes taking it up again, so were going to buy a bass soon, and hes set on a presicion like his old one. And I was just wondering do they make MIM AND MIA Fender basses like they do with guitars, and are they the same quality and price as the guitars are. And if they are cheaper or expensivea how much more and so on. Thanks
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

so are they 500?
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

they're identical quality, the guitars and basses. for a MIM precision, it's somewhere between $400-$550 depending on the color and the choice of a 4 or 5 string (i suggest the 5 ). for a MIA, you're looking at over $1,000 for the 4 string alone. Good luck to your dad!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
thanks guys.
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

They're not the same quality.

American has better woods, pups, hardware, and most importnatly, it will generally have higher attention to detail.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

American has better woods, pups, hardware, and most importnatly, it will generally have higher attention to detail.

yea, the american made have a much higher quality control and are usually a select wood, not just the generic factory ordered.

they dont charge twice as much for no reason.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
/\ in that case, i have no idea
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by Your41Plague12
they're identical quality, the guitars and basses. for a MIM precision, it's somewhere between $400-$550 depending on the color and the choice of a 4 or 5 string (i suggest the 5 ). for a MIA, you're looking at over $1,000 for the 4 string alone. Good luck to your dad!

unless you buy a Highway One, which I recommend.

Quote by MetalUpTheAss

I thought he meant "same quality" as in "American Telecaster" = "American P-bass" and "Mexican telecaster" = "Mexican P-bass". Maybe I misinterpreted.

If I am right, they are the same. Fender America and Fender Mexico use the same principles/quality parts on their basses as they do guitars and vice-versa.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Oh, if that's the case, then generally yes, the guitars and basses are about equal in QC.

The MIM's in guitar & bass will get you the shape, basic sound, and basic feel... the American will get you a more ideal version of that.
haha