i just wondereed if any one knows whar pedal to get for me to get a shred tone throguh a les paul or a fat strat through a high watt super lead half stack..

thank you

eddie
If an amp is all you've got, use these settings:

Low: 10
Mid: 0
High: 10

That'll give you the heaviest sound. No need to thank me
What is your influence, what exactly are you trying to achieve?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
my hiwatt is more of a british tube sound im looking for the compressed metal shred tone , exe. steve vai, joe satriani, malmsteen, and my 2 favorites kirk hammett and michael angelo batio
Quote by Dumpster510
If an amp is all you've got, use these settings:

Low: 10
Mid: 0
High: 10

That'll give you the heaviest sound. No need to thank me

that will sound like ****
he doesnt need the heaviest tone, he needs a good tone for shred.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
I use the polar opposite for shred, gets a good Petucci shred tone:

Treb: 6
Mid: 9
Bass: 7.5

Dream Theater shred tone right there.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Uh... get a compressor and a distortion pedal, and perhaps a 10-band EQ to dial in exact tone settings... I think thats what you wanted to hear. After all that you might need a noise gate too, I know I did.

Look all around and do research for which brands of pedals to buy, I'm not gonna recommend any except the 10-band, because the one that MXR makes is seriously kickass. The rest of them is preference so do research, I use boss pedals mostly, but thats just me.
Quote by eddie123mi
omg i dont want settings lol...well i do but mainly i want eeffects to get.

You may wanna look at different sorts of pickups other than just FXs or stompboxes. For pedals:
- Morley/Dunlop Wah
- Boss DS-1 distortion (you could use this as a booster/sustainer if you dont want the distortion)
- Boss SD-1/Maxon Overdrive/Ibanez TSs/DOD YJM (yngwie signature pedal)/DOD overdrive
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
it all depends what sound you want, you can 'shred' with any tone really, shred is widespread, look at joe satriani's surfing with the alien album, many many different tones in just the first few songs, i suggest get an all round distortion, wah and maybe another then use the settings on your amp

for shred i just use my crappy MG100DFX and my marshall Bluesbreaker II is out of battery (i must buy a new one) and i manage to get a decent 'shred' tone, i can play quite a bit of satch, all different tones too