I just got my dad's old Gibson acoustic guitar today after being all fixed so it's almost good as new and it's got a great sound to it. The only problem is, it is dreadfully out of tune because the people who fixed it didnt tune it for me. It is practically in down half-step tuning. Now I'm afraid to tune it back up because the neck and strings are brand new. I don't want to break strings already as I've done in the past. Does anyone know when or how i should tune this guitar back to normal?
give the strings a bit longer to settle, and then try tuning it. maybe overnight, and you'll be ok to tune it
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
usually with new strings you need to loosen them up. so one at a time, grab each string at the 12th fret with your thumb and index finger then pull the string away from the fretboard. after you've done all 6 strings re-tune it. you should do this for the first 4 or 5 days.
Quote by facesofhope
usually with new strings you need to loosen them up. so one at a time, grab each string at the 12th fret with your thumb and index finger then pull the string away from the fretboard. after you've done all 6 strings re-tune it. you should do this for the first 4 or 5 days.

Yes, do what facesofhope says, but I suggest putting a capo on the first fret or holding a finger on the first fret when you're stretching strings so as not to put too much stress on your tuners.